Location and Job Title:
Catering and Rentals Assistant Manager
The Jewish Community Center of Greater Columbus
1125 College Ave.
Columbus, OH 43209
Working with the Catering and Rentals Manager, Executive Chef, and JCC programming staff, the Catering and Rentals Assistant Manage rwill help grow the JCC catering and rentals business through increased sales.Coordinate events occurring at the JCC while maintaining Kashrut. Manage events, the catering business software and the department budget.
- Knowledge and Education: Associates Degree with two years of relevant experience required. BA/BS preferred.
- Experience:Minimum Required or Preferred: Minimum 2 years' experience in event planning and catering with at least 1 year in a supervisory role in the hospitality industry.
- Special Skills:Outstanding customer services skills; highly organized with ability to focus on details; strong communication skills; available nights and weekends; basic budgetary knowledge, and proficient with Microsoft Office software (knowledgeable in Excel and Word). Work well with others from diverse backgrounds. Knowledge of Kashruth preferred. Familiar with catering software (Caterese, Zuppler) a plus.Food preparation training and experience preferred but not required.
- Physical Abilities: Able to sit and stand for long periods.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Working collaboratively with Catering & Rental Manager:
- Responsible for Food Service Calendar;
- Responsible for telephone;
- Answer, screen calls, take accurate messages, return calls and accurately relay messages as requested;
- Maintain office files, supplies and equipment;
- Responsible for Kitchen purchasing and supplies in coordination with Chef and Catering & Rental Manager;
- Prepare purchase orders, invoices, ordering, inventory, and maintain log;
- Assist Food Service staff as requested.
- Promptly return emails, voice mails & phone calls;
- Process quotes for clients and potential customers in a timely manner;
- Follow up with clients and potential customers to gain needed information;
- Following each event, send thank you note and client evaluation;
- Work closely with the Executive Chef, Hoover Park Resident Manager, and program professionals to ensure successful event;
- Coordinate with Maintenance and Housekeeping Supervisors, ensuring set up and tear down are accurate, timely and complete;
- Utilize CaterEase Software to manage all events;
- Attend weekly Food Service department meetings;
- Facilitate Zupler orders, take n bakes and meals to go;
- Coordinate CJDS meals in New Albany;
- Monthly Billing
- Coordinate Temple Israel billing;
- Collect and process payments for catering events;
- Run event query, bill to appropriate agencies and print invoices for the business department;
- Responsible for Agency's food bills & allocations
- Collect, process, and create purchase orders and submit to CPO;
- Enter food costs into spreadsheet and allocate food expenses out to appropriate departments;
- In-house Food Orders
- Manage internal orders;
- JCC Programs
- Responsible for food requests and oversight of details (date, numbers, set up, in house event submission);
- Work with the Executive Chef and the kitchen staff to ensure timely food delivery and completed order;
- Follow up with staff for feedback;
- JCC Outdoor Swimming Pool Snack Bar;
- Order food and supplies, inventory, reconciliation;
- Create a system of operational protocols for expanding Catering and Rental business.
- Opening/closing procedures
- Inventory procedures
- Maintenance and review process (large equipment)
- In and out of house ordering procedures
The Jewish Community Center of Greater Columbus is a human service agency offering a varied program that is Jewish in nature. It is committed to enhancing the quality of individual and family life through the promotion of physical, intellectual and spiritual wellness. It provides educational and cultural programs that reflect the Jewish heritage, health related activities and many services to the community at large. Through its wide array of programs, the JCC pursues its mission of strengthening the individual, family and community.
The JCC nurtures a passion for Jewish learning and living. Through programs and services, the JCC provides comfortable and inviting environments in which the community can thrive.