Location and Job Title:
Security Officer, Flexible Full-Time
801 Percy Warner Blvd
Nashville, TN 37205
The security officer is responsible for providing security to the 52-acre campus of the Gordon Jewish Community Center, which includes the Jewish Federation of Nashville and Middle Tennessee, Jewish Family Services and Akiva School. Due to the complexity of Jewish organizations on this campus, it can be considered a soft target by terrorists. He or she will be required to conduct internal and external patrols, operate CCTV systems, alarm systems, and at times write detailed and accurate reports.
Potential candidates must be flexible with his/her hours. This is an armed security position and the candidate must provide his/her own gear and state required Armed Security license. Candidate will report directly to the Director of Security.
- Security of the campus, including CCTV and main entrance access, by maintaining situational awareness.
- Stay informed of global events and local impact.
- Adhere to protocols and policies to ensure preparedness.
- Respond to and report suspicious persons and packages, active shooter, and other threats and incidents.
- Conduct necessary exercises and drills.
- At least 1 year work experience in armed security, police, military, or surveillance.
- Cool under pressure and able to respond to emergencies calmly and professionally.
- A strong understanding of CCTV and electronic security concepts and an ability to utilize CCTV software and personnel database software.
- Ability to monitor CCTV cameras and screen visitors through the main entrance for extended periods of time.
- A firm grasp on counter-surveillance principles and the ability to identify individuals with criminal or terrorist intent. Knowledge and skills to counter armed intruders/active shooters required.
- Familiarity with various domestic terror groups, as well as major players in international terrorism.
- ASIS certifications a plus.
- Medical training such as CPR/First Aid, Combat Lifesaver, EMT-B a plus.
- Physical ability to conduct foot patrols on a large, hilly campus.
$25,000 - $35,000
The Gordon Jewish Community Center (Gordon JCC) is at the center of Jewish life in Nashville, providing recreational, educational, social and cultural programs and services to over 1,700 member families. Located on a beautiful 52-acre campus in west Nashville, it is a place where non-Jews are welcome to join, play and learn side by side with their Jewish neighbors. Camp Davis, established in 1930s, provides a day camp experience for hundreds of school-age children each summer.
- Flexible schedule
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement plan with match
- Paid Time Off
- Free membership and employee discounts on programs