You are here: Home
| Search for a Job
Location and Job Title:
Associate, Performing Arts
JCC of Stamford
1035 Newfield Ave
Stamford, CT 06905
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to Meghan Meehan at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Stamford JCC Performing Arts Department is seeking to fulfill the role of Performing Arts Associate, with an emphasis on Dance Instruction. The position would require a minimum of 20 direct service hours (teaching, coaching, rehearsing, directing) a week. We are looking for an applicant who can encourage and inspire our dancers and actors, while bringing energy and enthusiasm to the classroom atmosphere. In addition, the Performing Arts Associate would assist and lead projects in support of the function and accessibility of the Performing Arts department. The applicant must be interested in working with students of all ages and have a deep interest in Dance and Arts education.
- A minimum of 20 direct service hours (teaching, coaching, rehearsing, directing) a week
- Co-direct and lead rehearsals and performances for our Jr. Dance Company
- Assist in overseeing operations for performing arts programs, including enrichment classes, camps, clinics, workshops, recitals, performances, and productions
- Coordinate and lead projects in support of the function and accessibility of the Performing Arts department
- Choreograph and teach original material for dance productions & Jr. Company performances
- Assist the Director of Performing Arts with special tasks in support of upcoming productions, Recitals, and Special Events
- Attend all Performing Arts staff meetings and Events
- Create & record content for posts on Social Media
- Other duties as assigned by Director of Performing Arts, Senior Director of Programming, and JCC CEO
- Workdays would include at least one weekend day weekly. (Ex: Tuesday - Saturday workday week) during the school year season. Summer schedule would switch to a Monday - Friday schedule, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm.
- A minimum of two years of successful teaching experience in the performing arts
- Bachelor's Degree or higher preferred, or 3 + years of professional dance experience
- A strong background in dance technique, 10+ years of training
- Required to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays, as events require
- Must be able to collaborate & communicate well with other staff
- Ability to liaise in a professional manner with parents and students
- Must be proficient in a multitude of dance and theatrical techniques; including but not limited to some of the following: Ballet, Jazz, Tap, Hip-Hop, Acting, Voice, Tech. Additional knowledge or talents appreciated.
$35,000 - $45,000
The Stamford Jewish Community Center is a cultural, educational and recreational center, offering exceptional programs, classes and special events designed to enrich the mind, body and spirit. While we are driven by the Jewish values of welcoming guests, kindness, respect, and communal responsibility, we warmly welcome people of all ages, faiths, ethnicities and backgrounds.