Location and Job Title:
Fitness and Wellness Center Floor Supervisor
JCC of Central NJ
1391 Martine Ave
Scotch Plains, NJ 07076
- Practice a high level of customer service
- Be attentive and observant of all activity in the center
- Take a proactive approach to personal engagement of members and guests
- Maintain a positive, enthusiastic, and helpful attitude
- Represent the Fitness and Wellness Department in a positive and professional manner
- Address members' concerns and suggestions in a timely and polite manner
- Communicate said concerns and suggestions to Fitness and Wellness supervisory staff
- Ensure proper member and guest use of equipment
- Ensure equipment is in good working order
- Be familiar with JCC program offerings
- CPR/AED Certification (American Red Cross or equivalent)
- First Aid Certification (American Red Cross or equivalent)
- Current Personal Training Certification (nationally recognized and NCCA accredited)
- Current and broad knowledge of fitness equipment and body mechanics
- Strong customer service skills including an outgoing personality; a friendly disposition, self-confidence, and maturity
- The ability to work a flexible schedule
- The ability to maintain a healthy and neat appearance
- Practical experience in the field
Community is at our Center
The JCC of Central New Jersey is a place to meet old friends, connect with new ones, and become involved in your community. Our mission is to provide social, recreational, and cultural programs and humanitarian services through all phases of life. We are committed to affirming and strengthening Jewish values and fostering an appreciation of our heritage and identity.
To fulfill our mission to support the Jewish community and the community at large, the JCC runs a robust infant daycare program, an accredited preschool program and summer day camp, state-of-the-art fitness center with the latest strength-training and cardiovascular equipment as well as a full-fitness class schedule, full sized gymnasium, indoor and outdoor pools, and an array of social, recreational, educational, and cultural programs for everyone in our community from infants to seniors.
The JCC owns its 64,000 square foot campus..
At the JCC of Central NJ, financial assistance is available for membership, as are various programs for those in need.
Call 908-889-8800 or visit jccnj.org.