Location and Job Title:
Administrative Assistant - Early Childhood Center
Aaron Family JCC of Dallas
7900 Northaven Rd
Dallas, TX 75230
OVERVIEW: This is a part-time, non-exempt position with a maximum of 29 hours per week. The Jewish Community Center is an EOE (equal opportunity employer).
RESPONSIBILITIES ECC SPECIFIC ADMINISTRATIVE TASKS:
- Answer and direct all incoming calls and greet all visitors coming into the school building.
- Serve as host to visitors and announce their arrival to the appropriate parties.
- Proactively update and maintain the ECC and Camp Simchah program databases.
- Collect needed information from parents and staff; prepare reports and correspondence as needed.
- Prepare mailings and handouts on a routine basis.
- Send out weekly Stay and Play registrations, collect registration forms/payments and keep them organized.
- Organize and make sure all ECC files are up to date, including student files.
- Act as point of contact for hot lunch ordering and delivery.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures related to maintaining office records and student files. Make sure all records/files are up to date and request additional information as needed.
- Work closely and in partnership with the Early Childhood Office Manager.
- Work effectively with parents and staff to develop and maintain parental confidence in the school.
- Be consistent and reliable in arrival and attendance to ensure the proper operation of the school.
- Promote good citizenship through actions as a role model.
- Maintain high professional and ethical standards.
- Support and fully participate in the culture of the organization.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor(s).
- Maintain confidentiality in all aspects of the position.
- Utilize provided technology for efficiency in recordkeeping, administrative tasks and communications.
- Proactively automate manual processes where possible.
- Continuously strive to improve office procedures, clerical techniques and interpersonal relationships.
- Protect the health & safety (both emotional & physical) of all campers.
- Provide experience that promote individual and group growth.
- Participate actively in all aspects of the camp experience with the campers.
- Serve as a role model for staff and young children emphasizing Jewish values.
- Must be able to lift up-to 50 pounds.
Job Type: Part-time
- Bachelor degree preferred. High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience in a school environment preferred. Minimum of 5 years experience in an office/administrative capacity required.
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel and Access.
- Must be able to be flexible with work schedule to effectively participate in family programs, staff meetings, department meetings and agency wide events.
- Ability to be around young children with a variety of health issues.
It is expected that this individual will be a team player as part of the JCC Professional Staff. He/she is expected to be aware of the JCC Mission Statement and work within the frameworks of that mission.
The Aaron Family Jewish Community Center of Dallas brings the community together by providing state-of-the-art facilities and exceptional programs in an inclusive environment defined by Jewish values and culture.