Location and Job Title:
Early Learning Center Director
JCC of Youngstown
505 Gypsy Ln
Youngstown, OH 44504
The Early Learning Center Director will contribute to the vision, mission and values of the Youngstown Area Jewish Federation by supporting teaching staff, students, and families by guiding them through the earliest moments of children's lives to promote each child's social, physical, and intellectual growth with standards of excellence and ECE best practices.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct tours and orientations for potential students and their families and oversee recruitment, registration, and intake of new students and their families
- Recruit, hire, train, schedule, and supervise all teaching staff
- Develop meaningful relationships with families by providing advice and resources, planning parent/teacher conferences, creating opportunities for parent involvement, and administration of a PTA
- Observe and evaluate teacher performance and student learning and provide regular feedback to teaching staff
- Plan and implement staff training and professional development
- With support from the Early Childhood & Youth Director, choose and implement a curriculum that fosters an inclusive, child-centered approach of exploration and discovery.
- Review lesson plans and classroom documentation to ensure teaching is meeting the center's standards and curriculum
- Assist the Early Childhood & Youth Director in maintaining center licensure through the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services, routinely evaluating all aspects of the center to ensure it is meeting the highest possible standards set by ODJFS and the Step Up to Quality star rating system
- With support from the Early Childhood & Youth Director, follow early learning framework provided by the Jewish Community Centers Association of North America's Sheva Center of Innovation in Early Childhood Jewish Education and Engagement
- Adhere to all JCC and departmental policies
- Perform other responsibilities as deemed appropriate by the Early Childhood & Youth Director.
Minimum of a Bachelor degree with at least four courses in child development from an accredited college or university; or two years' experience as a child care director in a licensed child care center; or career pathways level three designation per the Ohio Professional Registry.
Candidate must possess strong leadership skills (good organization, ability to problem solve, think creatively, and manage multiple projects at once) and ability to discuss sensitive and confidential information with parents and staff. Candidate must be able to pass an FBI/BCI background check and drug screen. The ideal candidate will enjoy working with children ages six weeks and up and have a high level of interpersonal communication skills.
45,000 - 55,000
The Jewish Community Center of Youngstown is located in Northeast, Ohio. The Main Campus facility houses a state-of-the-art fitness center, a 25-yard indoor heated pool, gymnasium, deluxe health club with sauna, steam, and whirlpool, outdoor pickleball courts, a large pavilion, studios for dance, theatre, and visual arts, an Early Learning Center and more.
The Logan Campus has a beautiful outdoor pool, tennis courts, sand volleyball courts, a pavilion, and event spaces. We are a 501c(3) non-profit organization where everyone is welcome.
The beautiful 18-acre campus offers something for everyone:
- Fitness and Aquatics Services
- Trained, certified, professional fitness staff
- Special events and programs with specialists from the nutrition, health, and fitness fields
- Early Learning Center that serves children 6 weeks-12 years all under one roof
- Summer Camp (1st-8th Grade)
- Adult, teen, and school-age children's programming
- Fine arts, cultural arts, social events, volunteerism, senior outreach