Location and Job Title:
New Orleans JCC
5342 St. Charles Ave
New Orleans, LA 70115
Under the direct supervision of the Personal Training Coordinator, the Personal Trainer is responsible for exercise advice and personalized training for clients on a one-on-one basis. The position is responsible for developing a fitness program to meet the specific fitness/physical needs of the client and for ensuring that equipment is used appropriately and for the desired purpose.
The J is seeking an experienced, Certified Personal Fitness Trainer to join our team. Must be passionate, motivated and customer service oriented.
Flexible hours -- looking for availability on nights and weekends
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to Michael Heim at email@example.com
- Minimum 2 years Personal Training experience.
- Possess and maintain a current personal training certification from a nationally recognized organization such as ACE, NASM, ISSA, AFAA, NFPT, NETA, ACSM etc.
- CPR/AED and First Aid certifications must stay current.
- Self-motivated and passionate.
- Possess excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Dependable, patient, friendly, cheerful and professional.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Must move easily around the classroom, gymnasium, building, deck, swimming pool, and field.
- Frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms for long periods of time.
- Frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Regularly required to communicate.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, peripheral, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be physically fit to the level of demonstrating the movements and assisting clients and members.
- Must be able to lift and or move up to 40 lbs. (fitness equipment) as required.
$35,000 - $45,000
Our Community... Values Jewish culture, practice and thought, and serves as an educational resource for JCC members and for all New Orleanians with an interest in Judaism...Knows that comfortable, clean and conveniently located facilities set the tone for everything we do at the JCC...Embraces health and wellness, and JCC Fitness Centers are committed to helping members achieve positive lifestyle changes...Embraces children through education, sports and family activities...Celebrates the joys of childhood and encourages the independence of youth...Values lifelong learning, encourages friendship among adults of all ages and extends special assistance to elders.