Location and Job Title:
801 Percy Warner Blvd
Nashville, TN 37205
The Development Associate will assist the CEO and Board of Directors in securing funds for Gordon Jewish Community Center by providing administrative fundraising support for a dynamic, multi-faceted organization. This forward-facing position requires extensive communication with the public in person, via phone, and email, as well as accuracy in record-keeping. This is a great entry or early mid-level position for someone pursuing a career in either office administration or nonprofit fundraising. Part-time to full-time, with an opportunity for this position to grow.
- Coordinate annual fundraising campaign, including direct mail and email solicitations.
- Coordinate the planning and implementation of special events, including volunteer coordination, ticketing, and auction management.
- Coordinate donor databases and ensure accurate and up-to-date records of donor interactions, contributions, and acknowledgments.
- Participate in donor stewardship activities, ensuring that donors receive appropriate recognition, updates, and personalized engagement.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to gather programmatic and impact-related information for reporting to donors and stakeholders.
- Assist with foundation proposals and reporting.
- Be able to occasionally work evenings or weekends to support fundraising events.
- Demonstrated experience in administrative/office work experience in a related professional setting, preferably in fundraising and nonprofit environments
- Proficiency in using donor management software and Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to learn specialized software quickly through online training, experience with Little Green Light a plus
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and also independently with minimal supervision
- Motivated to build relationships with JCC supporters and members and work across internal teams
- Exemplary communication skills, both oral and written
- Ethical and respectful demeanor when dealing with sensitive donor information
- Must be organized and detail oriented
$35,000 - $45,000
The Gordon Jewish Community Center
(Gordon JCC) is at the center of Jewish life in Nashville, providing recreational,
educational, social and cultural programs and services to over 1,700 member
families. Located on a beautiful 52-acre campus in west Nashville, it is a
place where non-Jews are welcome to join, play and learn side by side with
their Jewish neighbors. Camp Davis, established in 1930s, provides a day camp
experience for hundreds of school-age children each summer.