Location and Job Title:
Jewish for Good at the Levin JCC
1937 W. Cornwallis Road
Durham, NC 27705
The Camp Director is a fulltime, salaried exempt position.This position is responsible for the oversite of key programs aligned with fulfilling mission for children and families.The main responsibilities include Camp Shelanu with a mindset of Camp 365.
This role supervises the Camp Manager, Inclusion and Child Care Manager, After-School Program Manager, and Camp Specialists.This position reports to our Director of Engagement.
Camp (school year 65%; summer 90%)
- Plan and market all aspects of summer camp.
- Manage budget, registration, communication with camp families, and evaluation of the summer program.
- Work with Camp Manager to:
- develop routines, policies, and procedures,
- develop all of the programming, both current and new programming areas, including group schedules, specialist schedules, special programming, and Jewish programming, and
- recruit, hire, schedule, coach, and evaluate the counselors
- Supervise specialists in curriculum development, scheduling, supply requisition, etc,
- Work with Inclusion and Child Care Manager to ensure all aspects of inclusion program are in place.
- Organize and oversee summer Shlichim (Israeli counselor) and host families.
- Plan, organize and execute pre-camp staff training orientation.
- Serve as a resource and role model for campers and staff on all camp-related issues.
- Act as manager-on-duty in a rotating schedule.
Youth & Teen Engagement Beyond the Summer (school year 35%; summer 10%)
- Work closely with After-school Program Manager to implement after-school program and enrichment classes for early childhood and school aged children, including day to day support in the program.
- Oversee parent/child drop in programs.
- Design and implement tween and teen programming.
More about Durham, NC from uphomes.com:
Considered to be one of the best places to live in North Carolina and one of the best mid-sized cities in the United States, Durham is well recognized for its record of low unemployment, top-of-the-line education system, and exceptional housing market.
Located just west of the state capital Raleigh and north of Chapel Hill, Durham is a popular city that makes up Research Triangle Park with a growing population of over 276,000 people.
Not only is Durham regarded as a good place to live, but it is also described as a cool city with a beautiful historic downtown and youthful vibe by locals and tourists alike.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to Jack Reitz at firstname.lastname@example.org
- A degree in education, special education, children and family services, or other related field
- A minimum of 3+ years as an Assistant Camp Manager/Director or Camp Manager.
- Ability to hire, train, and supervise staff.
- Demonstrated program innovation & administration, preferably in children's programming
- Strong background/knowledge in Jewish education/themes/values, Jewish Holidays and Israel
- Enthusiasm, adaptability, dependability, and an excellent work ethic.
- Professionalism and excellent customer service skills.
- Experience working with children with special needs.
- Strong office skills and computer skills. (Word, Excel, ability to learn new database/software)
- CPR and first aid certifications preferred (can be completed on the job)
- Available some evening and weekend; this position does not take vacation during the camp season and has limited ability to take vacation on School's Out Days, which fall on many Jewish and Federal Holidays
$55,000 - $65,000
Visit www.jewishforgood.org for more info about Jewish for Good at the Levin JCC.