Location and Job Title:
Catering Business Clerk
The Jewish Community Center of Greater Columbus
1125 College Ave.
Columbus, OH 43209
Working with the Catering and Rentals Manager, Catering Assistant Manager, Executive Chef, and JCC programming staff, improve the facilitation of the JCC catering and rentals business through streamlined business functions. Expand technological presence and sophistication of online ordering and software management to enhance internal processes.
- Knowledge and Education: Associates Degree with two years of relevant experience required. BA/BS preferred.
- Experience:Minimum Required or Preferred: Minimum 2 years' experience in data entry skills and some accounting or bookkeeping experience preferred.
- Special Skills:Outstanding customer services skills; highly organized with ability to focus on details; strong communication skills; basic budgetary knowledge, and proficient with Microsoft Office software (knowledgeable in Excel and Word). Work well with others from diverse backgrounds. Familiar with catering software (Caterese, Zuppler) a plus.
- Physical Abilities: Able to sit for long periods.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Working collaboratively with Catering Manager and Assistant Catering Manager:
- Maintain office files;
- Responsible for Kitchen purchasing and supplies in coordination with Chef and Catering Manager;
- Prepare purchase orders and invoices
- Assist with ordering, inventory, and maintaining logs;
- Utilize CaterEase Software to manage all events and to ensure proper billing and collection from customers;
- Attend weekly Food Service department meetings;
- Monthly Billing
- Coordinate Temple Israel billing;
- Collect, process & record payments for catering events in both CaterEase and CRM system;
- Run event query, join CRM statement and CaterEase invoice in order to send to customers;
- Responsible for Agency's food bills & allocations
- Collect vendor invoices and create purchase orders in Microix;
- Enter event food costs into spreadsheet and allocate food expenses out to appropriate departments;
- In-house Food Orders
- Lifecare and Daycare Programs (camp, preschool, JClub)
- Collect, report, and allocate Lifecare data
- Collect, report, and allocate Ohio Child Food Program Data (camp, JClub, daycare);
- Create a system of operational protocols for expanding Catering and Rental business.
- Event opening/closing procedures
- Inventory management procedures
- Large equipment maintenance and review process
- In and out of house ordering procedures
- Create price list for internal/external ordering needs
- Understanding of software platforms CaterEase and Zuppler for updates, internal facilitation, and online maintenance;
The Jewish Community Center of Greater Columbus is a human service agency offering a varied program that is Jewish in nature. It is committed to enhancing the quality of individual and family life through the promotion of physical, intellectual and spiritual wellness. It provides educational and cultural programs that reflect the Jewish heritage, health related activities and many services to the community at large. Through its wide array of programs, the JCC pursues its mission of strengthening the individual, family and community.
The JCC nurtures a passion for Jewish learning and living. Through programs and services, the JCC provides comfortable and inviting environments in which the community can thrive.