Location and Job Title:
Director, Annual Campaign
JCC Greater Boston
333 Nahanton St
Newton, MA 02459
JCC Greater Boston (JCC) is seeking a full-time, self-motivated Director - Annual Campaign. Working with the Chief Advancement Officer, the Director - Annual Campaign is responsible for coordinating events, communications, solicitations, and other key strategies that will help grow the JCC's Annual Campaign. The JCC is looking for someone with a measurable record of accomplishment and the event management skills, enthusiasm, and knowledge of the Boston Jewish community to help the JCC achieve or exceed our fundraising goals.
As an integral part of the Development Department of the JCC, this position will help drive the Organization's fundraising efforts, including supporting the execution of two major annual events, Our Campaign to Re-imagine the JCC (the JCC's comprehensive capital campaign) and growing the Annual Campaign.
JCC Greater Boston welcomes staff from diverse backgrounds. Our programs are guided by Jewish culture and values (which resonate with many who do not identify as Jewish). Kindness, service, and joy are examples of the values we live by.
- Works with the Chief Advancement Officer (CAO) to align annual campaign, event goals, and overarching development strategies with larger JCCGB financial resource development objectives, including capital campaign, endowment opportunities, marketing materials, and volunteer engagement.
- Establishes and executes solicitation timelines and strategies for the Annual Campaign, including managing priorities for CEO and CAO, generating lists, and developing needed strategies and background information.
- Generates strategies and tactics to incorporate campaign objectives and messaging into large-scale annual fundraising events, including integrated Annual Campaign giving, donor stewardship, donor cultivation and capital campaign messaging, as applicable. Works with event vendors and consultants, as well as relevant Development Team members, to align strategic and logistical execution.
- Responsible for establishing and reaching individual event fundraising goals.
- Identifies, cultivates, and solicits a portfolio of approximately 200-250 prospects and donors through meetings, targeted communication, and outreach. Sets specific metrics around increased giving, expanding the pipeline, and securing gifts of $1,000 or more.
- Plans, facilitates, and attends all Development and event-related committee meetings. Works with appropriate staff to organize attendance, logistics, agenda development, materials preparation, meeting minutes and follow-up items.
- Supervises the Development Coordinator and helps manage the operations of the department, with an eye towards data integrity and application to refining key communications, targeting and segmentation strategies. Oversees processes relating to invoices, acknowledgements and gift processing.
- Promotes a Development culture throughout the organization, identifying opportunities to both raise funds directly as well as imbue every aspect of the JCC with a philanthropic culture mindset. Works internally with colleagues to create opportunities for program partnerships with fundraising goals and messaging.
- a minimum of a Bachelor's degree, combined with at least five or more years of experience of direct fundraising and/or event planning experience. Fundraising campaign management experience desirable. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- excellent interpersonal skills, interacting with both colleagues and potential donors
- strong verbal and written communication skills
- the ability to establish priorities, set objectives and achieve stated goals
- a creative, energetic and highly self-motivated mindset
- strong organizational skills
- PC literacy with strong competency in all Microsoft Office Suite programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- demonstrated ability to work with and maintain confidential information
- must be able to work evenings, weekends and/or irregular hours as necessary to interact with donors and prospects and attend relevant meetings and events
In addition to a rewarding career, JCC Greater Boston provides competitive exempt compensation and benefits packages. Benefits include:
- competitive salary
- a free membership to the JCC Greater Boston facility in Newton - offering virtual and in person programs including indoor swimming, many fitness classes and workout facilities as well as discounts to many JCCGB events, classes, outdoor pool and more
- discounted child care at Early Learning Centers
- discounted camp tuition
- generous sick time
- eligibility for Health, Dental and Vision insurance
JCC Greater Boston takes the welfare and safety of staff very seriously. We have aligned all of our operating procedures with guidance from the CDC, DEEC (Department of Early Education and Care) and the local and state Departments of Public Health. Our practices include ensuring proper physical distancing, sanitation, hygiene, and use of face coverings to promote the health of our staff and program participants.
Staff are required to wear masks when on site and to comply with the staff Code of Conduct. Physical distancing is adhered to. Staff are encouraged to hand wash often and sanitizer is readily available. Common materials and surfaces in our buildings are disinfected throughout the day. Additionally, we conduct a health screen for all program participants and staff as they enter the building. This screening includes a questionnaire about symptoms and possible exposures as well as a temperature check
Competitive salary in the $75,000-$100,000 range depending on experience. To apply, please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls.
85,000 - 95,000
The JCC Greater Boston values include: Belonging, Joyfulness, Collaboration and Transformation. The agency provides a variety of programs and services to children and adults in the Greater Boston Jewish community including: Early Learning Centers, summer camps, health and wellness programs, family engagement programs and cultural activities. The JCC is deeply committed to valuing and celebrating the uniqueness of each constituent. While being proudly Jewish, we strive in every way to provide an open and welcoming setting for all, irrespective of personal practices, beliefs or background.