Location and Job Title:
Henry Kaufman Campgrounds
667 Blauvelt Road
PO Box 175
Pearl River, NY 10965
The Henry Kaufmann Campgrounds (HKC) is seeking an HR generalist to join our team as a full-time human resources manager. The HR Manager is responsible for managing all HR functions for HKC, serving the entire population of year-round, seasonal, and summer-only employees. As an organization focused on day camps, HKC has a small year-round staff that balloons to a crew of 200+ during the eight weeks of camp.
The HR Manager needs to be a results-oriented visionary with an entrepreneurial spirit and a "roll-up your sleeves" attitude who takes ownership of their work and is always striving for excellence.The HR Manager has to be able to foster an organizational culture that values its staff and that its staff values teamwork, respect, and HKC's mission of enhancing the day camp experience and providing a safe environment for the camps and those they serve.
We are seeking a trustworthy individual with the ability to manage both high-level processes and on-the-ground task oriented work and who has the interpersonal savvy needed to work collaboratively and effectively, with a wide range of individuals towards a common goal.
- Manage the recruitment, applicant process, onboarding, orientation and training for all employees (year-round and seasonal)
- Implement and manage programs for learning and development and performance management
- Oversee payroll and benefits administration
- Serve as the first line liaison for employee concerns
- Keep current and ensure compliance with all EEO, Employment, Benefits, Payroll and Wage-hour Laws.
- Assist in strategic planning for HR related areas
- Work to continuously enhance life at HKC for its staff.
- Champion innovative programs that drive employee satisfaction and team morale.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree required; with a Certificate or Master's Degree in HR preferred.
- 5+ years of experience working as a leader in Human Resources, preferably with experience in a not-for-profit environment and/or organization with seasonal employees
- Experienced in running performance review programs, managing benefits and employee training.
- Experience in handling issues involving high levels of sensitivity, confidentiality and/or legal exposure.
- MOS, CPP and/or LMS certification a plus
- Proven ability to function at an executive leadership level, while remaining hands-on with carrying out core administrative HR systems and programs.
- Knowledge and understanding of employment/labor laws
- Computer proficiency in all needed areas of human resources including Microsoft Office, Employee Management systems, HRMS software platforms and/or standalone HR software for the application and onboarding process.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), organizational and presentational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to get along with diverse personalities. Tactful and mature.
- Excel at setting priorities and goals and holding staff accountable
- Ability to travel within metropolitan NY area
The Henry Kaufmann Campgrounds, a core partner organization of UJA-Federation of New York, manages three sites, each of which serves as home to multiple JCC day camps in the New York metropolitan area, each of whom are also affiliated with UJA-Federation of New York. Together we are the largest network of day camps in the country.
The Henry Kaufmann Campgrounds is an equal opportunity employer and offers a competitive benefits package with medical, dental, vision and life insurance and a 401K as well as generous vacation and sick leave, paid holidays, flex-time and telecommuting capabilities.