Location and Job Title:
Camp Inclusion Counselor
Lawrence Family JCC of San Diego County- Jacobs Family Campus
4126 Executive Drive
La Jolla, CA 92037
Position Title: Camp Inclusion Counselor
SALARY/STATUS: $16.00-$18.00 per hour DOE / Part-Time, Non-Exempt / Seasonal (Summer), potential permanent opportunities
The Camp Inclusion Specialist implements safe and age appropriate programs for the Camp Jaycee participants. The position will follow and model Camp Jaycee objectives, rules, policies, and guidelines, along with establishing positive relationships with parents, participants and staff. The Camp Inclusion Specialist will also be responsible for assisting participants with special needs or behavioral issues, ensuring their ability to participate in all activities and modifying activities as needed to meet any specific needs. All Camp Inclusion Specialists along with all other Camp Jaycee staff will work together as a team, use good, sound judgement and handle emergency situations, providing first aid when needed.
- At least 6 months experience working with individuals with special needs required.
- Behavioral background preferred but not required.
- Previous experience working with children required.
- Ability to complete CPR and First Aid certification.
- Ability to complete camp training.
- Ability to use good, sound judgement and handle emergency situations.
- Ability to physically and mentally engage in all youth activities.
- Be a role model for child and staff.
- Exhibit characteristics of leadership, responsibility, patience, dependability, maturity, integrity, ability to work independently, and display a positive attitude.
- Ability to participate in all physical activities with participants (such as running, swimming, playing sports, leading games and crafts).
- Frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms for long periods of time.
- Occasional lifting, pulling, climbing, kneeling, crawling and bending.
- Regularly required to communicate.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, peripheral, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Able to lift up to 45 lbs. May be necessary, in emergency or other situations, to pick up a 45 pound child.
- Ability to perform CPR/AED.
The mission of the Lawrence Family Jewish Community Center, JACOBS FAMILY CAMPUS is to provide social, cultural, educational, and recreational programs to individuals and families of all ages, religions, races, financial abilities, and physical and mental abilities. Likewise, the JCC provides equal opportunity employment to individuals of all religions and backgrounds. The JCC welcomes San Diego's diverse Jewish community and the community at large.