The Blaustein Early Childhood Center at the Bridgewater JCC is looking for a friendly, organized, hardworking, dynamic, and nurturing, individual who loves working with children. The Blaustein Early Childhood center has an immediate opening for a full time Administrative Assistant. Hours are Monday- Friday, 10 AM- 6 PM. Previous administrative experience preferred.
- Communicating via phone and email with students' parents and guardians in a professional manner
- Keeping pristine and organized notes, files, and records as needed
- Recording daily attendance and transportation changes for all students
- Responding to all internal and external requests in a timely manner
- Monitoring supplies and snack inventory
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and responsibilities simultaneously and efficiently
- Maintaining calm and pleasant disposition in all situations
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Suite
- Work as part of a team with the rest of the Early Childhood Center staff
- Helping to cover in a classroom setting when needed
- Supervise late stay program when the Director leaves for the day and Assist with student dismissal
- Assist in Planning and Attending ECC and Center -Wide Special Events
THE SHIMON AND SARA BIRNBAUM JEWISH COMMUNITY CENTER is a non-sectarian social service agency located on 14 acres on Talamini Road in Bridgewater. The JCC opened its doors to the community in December 1999 after years of planning and fundraising by a passionate group of local families that were driven to bring a JCC to our tri-county area.
The JCC is an agency of the Jewish Federation of Somerset, Hunterdon and Warren Counties and serves residents of Somerset, Hunterdon and Warren Counties with fitness, recreation, social, cultural and educational programming for the entire community. The JCC is the central address of our widely spread, diverse Jewish community and serves as coordinator and locale for many community-wide events and for programs of Jewish education & culture. Universal humanistic Jewish values and ethics serve as the foundation for our JCC. The JCC is governed by a Board of Directors that works with JCC Professional Staff to fulfill our mission of providing quality programs and services to meet the needs and wants of the Jewish and general communities.
The JCC facility includes heated indoor and outdoor salt-based pools. A dome enclosed outdoor pool is available in the off-season for year-round use. The JCC has a newly renovated and expanded fitness center, group fitness studio, spin studio and gymnasium. We offer more than 70 group fitness classes/week, including the internationally acclaimed Les Mills Fitness Program.