Location and Job Title:
Early Childhood Substitute Teacher
236 Charlotte St
Asheville, NC 28801
Rate: $10.50 per hour; 8-40 hours per week depending on availability; full scholarship
available for eligible participants to obtain college credits in early
substitute teacher is scheduled on an as-needed basis and called upon to work
with a variety of classrooms for children ages infants through pre-k. The
substitute must be able to quickly identify classroom needs and adapt to meet
the developmental needs of different groups of children. The substitute
provides proper supervision of children at all times and maintains a nurturing
environment for the children whose routines may be interrupted by a teacher's
absence. This is a great position for students, as you can determine your own
work availability, between 8 and 40 hours per week! This entry-level position
is an opportunity to grow with the JCC team, gain experience, and explore your
career in the field of early childhood education.
- High school diploma
- NC Childcare Credential or equivalent coursework preferred
- At least 18 years old
- Ability to obtain NC Qualifying Letter (criminal background check)
- Good communication skills and ability to work with a team
- Ability to work with like-minded individuals who aren't afraid to get messy and take risks
- Ability to lift and provide routine care for children 40 lbs or less
- Genuine respect and care for the well-being of children
- Create and cultivating a sacred space in which engaging learning opportunities happen in partnership with our young creators. Set the stage for innovation and creative thinking.
- Be present while providing supervision of the children and responding to their needs, interests, and personalities, becoming an important loving presence in a young child's life.
- Be a guiding force by engaging in positive, developmentally appropriate interactions with children while setting appropriate limits, providing active listening, problem solving and positive redirection. Maintain compliance with all current North Carolina guidelines within the classroom and outdoors to keep kids safe.
- Implement classroom schedules and lesson plans as part of the teaching team. Participate as a member of our growing learning community.
- Communicate and engage with families in a positive manner, sharing in meaningful moments about their child's day at school.
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com to apply.
At the Asheville JCC, all are welcome to share in Jewish traditions, values and
culture. The AJCC has been the home for Jewish life in Western North
Carolina since 1940, and today we continue to be a vibrant and diverse
community of people. The Asheville JCC strengthens Jewish identity,
celebrates Jewish culture and builds community through a wide variety of
programs for people from all backgrounds, at every stage of life.