Location and Job Title:
2000 Hollywood Dr
York, PA 17403
Kitchen Supervisor is responsible for preparing and serving nutritionally
balanced meals for the children at both our main campus and Loganville campus. This position is responsible
for maintaining high standards of quality food production and portion control
using standard recipes and also for appropriate quantities of food needed to
meet menu requirements. This position will be responsible for overseeing the kitchen assistant and dishwasher.
- Daily preparation of healthy meals for the children enrolled in the childcare program.
- Daily setup and food service.
- Daily cleanup of kitchen items and areas used during meal preparation and cleanup of children's dining area.
- Weekly shopping for food supplies for the children's breakfast, lunch and snacks.
- Monthly meal planning with attention to healthy nutrition and preparation of the monthly lunch menu.
- Attending staff meetings as needed.
- Working as a team member to maintain the quality of the program throughout the childcare center.
- Arranging for a substitute when needed and informing your supervisor.
- Supervision of the monthly food budget.
- Positively and actively promote the JCC's mission, membership, programs, events and charitable purpose to JCC members and the general public.
- Provide excellent customer service to Early Childhood and School Age families, JCC members, and guests by adhering to the JCC Consumer Code of Conduct.
- Any other tasks as assigned.
- Understand/possess an openness to Jewish religion and traditions
- Serve as integral member of the Leadership Team
- Attend all meetings and events that support the department's main objectives and responsibilities
- Positively and actively promote the JCC's mission, membership, programs, events, and charitable purpose to JCC members and the general public
- Be familiar with the mission, vision statements, and Core Values of the JCC. Model the Core Values while working and communicating with members and staff
Minimum physical requirements:
- Must be able to lift 30 lbs.
- Must be able to meet the physical demands of meal preparation and food shopping.
- Must have current PA Driver's License
Who We Are
The JCC is a non-profit community center that welcomes the diverse population of York County, regardless of religion, financial or ethnic background. Since 1910 the JCC's role has changed and expanded to reflect the current times. Our staff is committed to providing members and guests with high quality programs and customer service. Included in a membership is the use of the fitness center, over 100 group and water fitness classes each week, lap and family swims, open gym use, family art and gym activities, a relaxation center complete with whirlpool, sauna and steam room, and discounts on fitness, social, and enrichment classes and programs.
The JCC provides programming for:
- Wellness & Fitness for all ages
- Youth Fitness, Dance & Sports
- Children's Education and Child Care
- Holocaust Education
- Diversity Education
- Jewish Cultural Programs
- Contemporary Adult Programming