You are here: Home
| Search for a Job
Location and Job Title:
Director of Development
Greater Raleigh JCC /Jewish Federation of Greater Raleigh
David R. Kahn Community Campus
12804 Norwood Rd
Raleigh, NC 27613
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to Beth Richman at firstname.lastname@example.orgInspired by the mission, vision, and core values of Jewish Federation of Greater Raleigh
, the Director of Development, an exempt full-time employee, will support and grow our donor base while stewarding a culture of philanthropy throughout our community. The Director of Development will be a forward-thinking leader, able to manage and implement multiple strategies and initiatives to engage the community, solicit financial resources, and advance our mission. First-hand experience in a development department responsible for raising at least $1 million annually is preferred. We seek someone with a comfort level soliciting and closing gifts ($1,000+), working with corporate sponsors, managing grant writing and grant process, working with board members and passionate volunteers, and able to oversee events. Candidate should have experience directing successful annual fundraising campaigns (grants, corporate giving, signature events, matching gift campaigns, mid-level giving clubs etc.). Strong cultivation, writing and stewardship skills a must. Should have a passion for thanking and appreciating donors, volunteers and staff, and making them feel special and connected to mission.
Core Functions, Duties, and Responsibilities
- Provides organizational leadership as a member of the Jewish Federation senior management team.
- Responsible for creating a mission-focused development program in coordination with the CEO.
- Responsible for managing, and implementing the comprehensive development program, including the annual plan and projections/metrics, donor engagement/cultivation, and donor marketing/communications.
- Provides effective management of day-to-day operations for the development function, including design and implementation of high-quality, cost-effective development programs while maintaining a solid cost per dollars raised and an environment that is rewarding to donors, and volunteers.
- Oversees Corporate Partnership portfolio.
- Serves as a Jewish Federation ambassador, establishing and nurturing relationships with individuals, businesses, and foundations.
- Educates the Development Committee, working closely with members to establish metrics, monitor results, and implement annual development plan and calendar.
- Provides monthly dashboard reports to the Board of Directors; Presents monthly to the Board on fundraising progress and driving to the goal.
- Monitors plan results and course corrects as needed.
- Stays current with new trends, issues, challenges and opportunities in the fundraising field, as well as in management and the nonprofit sector overall.
- Oversees the internal controls that guide the deposit and accounting for cash donations, grants, etc. and working on an accrual basis; Ensures monthly reconciliation is accurate.
- Communicates well in speech and in writing: Able to speak persuasively about the Jewish Federation.
$75,000 - $85,000
The Jewish Federation of Greater Raleigh is the central hub of Jewish life in Wake County and surrounding areas. The Jewish Federation includes our agencies: Jewish Family Services, Jewish Community Center, Jewish Community Relations Council, and the Jewish Community Foundation, and a host of program and services to engage and care for the community.