Location and Job Title:
Building Maintenance Mechanic
JCC Greater Boston
333 Nahanton St
Newton, MA 02459
Are you someone with a variety of talents who loves problem solving, doing things right the first time and working with a team of great people who need and appreciate what you do? Are you self-motivated, reliable and service oriented? If so, JCC Greater Boston (Jewish Community Center of Greater Boston) would love to hear from you.
The person we are seeking will bring a variety of skills including:
- Facilities systems management (including preventative maintenance and repairs): HVAC, lighting/electrical, pools & spas (including openings/closings and chemicals), plumbing....
- Snow removal
- Supplies/equipment management
- Coordination of contractors
- This position requires five years related experience and knowledge of plumbing, electrical, mechanical repairs and general maintenance. (Knowledge of swimming pools and snow removal equipment a plus.)
- Must have the ability to follow oral and written instructions. Able to work with pool chemicals (which require careful measurement and adherence to instructions).
- Able to meet the physical requirements of the position, which include carrying and climbing ladders; working while standing on ladders; work in confined spaces; frequent standing, walking, bending, lifting and kneeling; working in various temperature ranges including outdoors; lifting heavy objects exceeding 50 lbs.
- Great customer service (attitude and follow through)
- Able to work well both as part of a team and independently
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Flexible to work varying shifts, evenings, weekends and holidays, as needed
- Able to work outdoors, as required, year round.
- Have valid driver's license and transportation.
- Have (or be willing to obtain) Certified Pool Operator (CPO) certification.
This is a 40 hours per week position. To apply, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
JCC Greater Boston is a nonprofit organization where families access a wide range of learning, fitness, camping, and enrichment resources while connecting with a vibrant local Jewish community. JCC Greater Boston serves more than 50,000 people each year. It's an exciting time for the organization and a great time to join the team. We offer employees competitive benefits as well as discounts to many of our programs and services.