Location and Job Title:
Special Events Coordinator
520 8th Ave
New York, NY 10018
The Special Events Coordinator is responsible for planning, coordination, and production of JCC Associations internal and external conferences and events.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support the planning, coordination, and production of internal and external facing events from inception to completion that include but not limited to - conferences, regional and local educational and social events, staff meetings and board meetings that support a myriad of programs and initiatives for JCC Association.
- Develop, oversee, and maintain event registration sites using Cvent and/or other applications; managing site content, registration data, rsvp management and reporting.
- Coordinate and assist on-site logistics including vendor procurement, venue sourcing, catering, run-of-show, audio visual technology, registration, planning timeline and other event related duties.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners such as marketing, development, program directors, board members, donors, and event vendors.
- Fiscal responsibility for processing invoices, managing, and reconciling expense budgets with the ability to generate accurate financial reports reflecting revenue and expenses.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
JCC Association offers a competitive salary and benefits package including:
- Medical and Dental insurance
- Eight paid legal holidays and up to 13 paid Jewish holidays. In addition, the office closes early on the eve of three Jewish holidays.
- Paid vacation
- Sick leave, family leave, medical leave, jury duty leave, and bereavement leave
- Flexible Medical and Dependent Care Benefits
- Pre-tax salary deductions for transit
- Short- and long-term disability
- Life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, supplemental life insurance
- Retirement plan
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates can submit a cover letter and resume to Irina Khomina, Human Resources Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bachelors Degree
- 3-5 years of experience in event management
- Highly motivated self-starter who is creative and outgoing, engaging, and resourceful with strong organizational skills, attention to detail while multi-tasking, and the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively within a team.
- Cvent experience is required with a high-level proficiency to create and manage content and reporting.
- Comfort with technology, ability to learn new applications with a proficiency of MS Office Suite, with particular attention in Excel.
- Must be willing to work evenings and weekends both in the office and off-site as necessitated by events.
- Excellent ability to set priorities, plan long-term, manage multiple projects simultaneously and perform in a fast-paced friendly environment to meet deadlines.
$55,000 - $65,000
JCC Association of North America leads and connects the JCC Movement, advancing and enriching North American Jewish life. With 1.5 million people walking through the doors of more than 170 Jewish Community Centers and Jewish Community Camps (JCCs) each week, the JCC Movement is the largest platform for Jewish engagement on the continent. JCC Association, the convening organization of this dynamic network, partners with JCCs to bring together the collective power and knowledge of the entire JCC Movement, including 12,000 full-time and 41,000 part-time and seasonal professionals. By supporting them, together we enhance and strengthen Jewish life throughout North America. Learn more at JCCA.org or on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter..