Location and Job Title:
Music Specialist - Camp Seneca Lake
Louis S. Wolk Jewish Community Center of Greater Rochester
1200 Edgewood Ave
Rochester, NY 14618
The Music Specialist will be responsible for the direct facilitation of experiential education periods. Specialists work in specific program areas and teach myriad skills to campers of all ages. Specialists deliver the curriculum as presented to them by the Program Area Leader and Programming Department. Specialists report directly to their Program Area Leader.
- Specialists must be certified or willing to gain certification in all relevant areas (ex. Lifeguarding for Swim Instructor).
- Specialists main focus is to deliver education to campers; however, additional responsibilities throughout camp are require (ex. Evening camper supervisory duty in bunks)
- Responsible for teaching and facilitating all song session periods, and providing musical accompaniment during all services and special programs.
- Experience playing guitar and singing required, must play Jewish music or be willing to learn.
- Additional responsibilities as directed by the Performing Arts PAL.
- Must be experienced in camp programming and camper supervision, education focused, dependable, and flexible.
- 18+ years old preferred.
- Be responsible for the general health and safety of all campers and staff.
- Establish an atmosphere in which campers feel secure, happy, and included.
- Supervise campers under their immediate care at all time.
- Ensure campers and staff adhere to camp rules.
- Act as a positive role model.
- Participate in all camp activities and supervisory initiatives.
- Cooperate with all other staff regarding matters of rules, safety, and program.
- Other duties as assigned by CSL Director, Assistant Directors, and Program Area Leader.
Dates: Must be available for the entirety of the dates listed below.
- General Staff Orientation begins June 20th, 2021
- Camp season ends August 18th, 2021
- Other mandatory training dates TBD
- Approximately (7) paid days off during the Camp season
- Full time hours including days, nights and weekends
- Competitive pay plus Room and Board
- Complimentary JCC membership included.
Come join the team at Camp Seneca Lake, (Finger Lakes Region) the residential summer camp of the JCC of Greater Rochester!