Location and Job Title:
1160 Dickinson St
Springfield, MA 01108
Develop and implement proper systems and schedule for maintaining safe, efficient and aesthetic building (80,000sq ft)/campus operations and condition. Lead and supervise maintenance staff team.
- Troubleshoot and repair mechanical equipment such as but not limited to basic, HVAC equipment, General Plumbing, Electrical and Facilities Physical Structures.
- Supervises and/or performs related special projects and tasks needed to maintain building.
- Maintain and provide for regular maintenance and upkeep and state inspections of all JCC vehicles.
- Ensure that all facilities and equipment meets or exceeds all applicable local, state, and national codes and obtain necessary permits.
- Conduct daily visual scan of facilities and determine service, maintenance, equipment, and personnel requirements.
- Prepare and maintain building facility reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Protect employees and visitors by maintaining a safe and clean building.
- Suggest improvements to facilities and equipment systems to improve performance and reduce environmental impact and cost.
- Manage department budget and prepares monthly financial variance reports.
- Responsible for the recruitment, orientation, supervision and evaluation of all maintenance staff.
- Provide direction on work prioritization and coordination to maintenance staff
- Responsible for maintenance staff work scheduling and of work assignments to ensure all cleaning, room set-ups and break-downs, repairs, grounds maintenance and upkeep are done appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Coordinate and oversee all snow and ice removal from roads, parking areas and sidewalks.
- Supervise oversight of light cleaning of the whole JCC building, including emptying garbage cans, wiping down bathrooms, keeping paper towel dispensers, toilet paper dispensers, and soap dispensers full.
- Coordinate purchasing activities related to facilities operations including participating in the selection of vendors, negotiating contracts, establishing and maintaining appropriate inventory of supplies.
- Maintain inventory of all equipment, supplies, as well as door and vehicle keys.
- Respond in a timely fashion to incoming calls and correspondence.
- Ability to work efficiently, effectively and independently to complete assignments in a fast-paced environment with multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Ability to work collaboratively with agency staff members to form a positive, supportive team atmosphere, and maintain courteous and professional working relationships with clients, vendors and outside contacts of agency.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with appropriate government agencies and utility providers, such as Health Department, fire, police, EMS, etc.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by supervisor according to agency needs.
- Must have a Bachelor's Degree, trade work experience, or accredited training programs
- Must have a minimum of three years of experience in facility management and staff supervision
- Familiarity with local, state, federal, and other regulations
- Must be knowledgeable of OSHA regulations.
- Knowledge of contracts and familiarity with negotiating contracts: knowledge of contract documents and specifications.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Certified ServSafe and Pool Operator (CPO) in the state of Massachusetts is preferred.
- Must have knowledge of HVAC equipment, controls and systems, plumbing, and electrical. A certification is highly preferred in any of these areas.
- Must have demonstrated knowledge of janitorial and housekeeping skills.
- Must have Knowledge of both hand and power tools.
- Must have Knowledge of janitorial equipment, such as Floor scrubbing/buffing equipment, carpet cleaners/shampooing equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and work independently.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work at times, flexible hours/days.
Special Requirements and Physical Demands:
- Requires safely lifting and moving chairs, tables, platforms, audio equipment ranging in weight from 5 lbs to 100 lbs. plus, using hand trucks, other provided safety-assistance devices, including requesting additional assistance prior to moving or lifting any excessively heavy and/or awkward object.
- Requires frequent walking, standing, bending, stooping, squatting, pushing, pulling, and occasional climbing on ladders or appropriate construction equipment.
- Mon-Friday 5:30am to 2:30pm
- Must be available/on call 24/7 to handle facility emergencies
Who We Are:
The Springfield JCC 80,000 sq ft building sits on a 20 acre campus on the border of Springfield and Longmeadow. The SJCC is a non-profit organization offering programs for all ages, including preschool, youth and teen programs, adult life programs, senior adult life programs, and is home to the JCC Health & Fitness Center. Everyone, including the general public, is welcome at the Springfield JCC.