Location and Job Title:
JCC of Stamford
1035 Newfield Ave
Stamford, CT 06905
The Stamford JCC is looking for a personal trainer that is passionate and committed to the lifestyle and culture of fitness, health, and wellness! The Julius B Kuriansky Fitness Center at the Stamford JCC has a wide variety of fitness offerings for all levels and ages (13+). We are currently looking for a Personal Trainer to keep up with the increased demand of our personal training program!
- Part-time and Full-time positions are available; full time employees are eligible for medical benefits
- Additional opportunities available to grow your career and increase earnings as a Group Exercise Instructor and/or as a Fitness Center Attendant
Personal Trainer Duties and Responsibilities
- Create personalized workout routines to improve muscular endurance, flexibility, and cardiovascular health
- Set fitness goals and monitoring clients' progress
- Instruct clients to use gym equipment properly to complete their workout safely
- Create and maintain positive relationships with members and staff to provide a safe and enjoyable environment
- Embrace a growing membership to build a large roster of clients and a thriving fitness community at the Stamford JCC
- Take full advantage of brand new exercise equipment and recommend new equipment
- Recommend a nutritionist to give dietary advice and produce plans to help clients eat healthy meals
- Personal Trainer: $20-$36/session (ability to grow to $43/session)
- Group Exercise Instructor: $30-$60/class
- Fitness Center Attendant: $17/hour
- Personal Training Certification
- CPR/AED Certification
- Availability to work some early mornings, evenings, and/or weekends.
$65,000 - $75,000
The Stamford Jewish Community Center is a cultural, educational and recreational center, offering exceptional programs, classes and special events designed to enrich the mind, body and spirit. While we are driven by the Jewish values of welcoming guests, kindness, respect, and communal responsibility, we warmly welcome people of all ages, faiths, ethnicities and backgrounds.