Location and Job Title:
Learning Specialist and Parent Educator - Part Time
Marlene Meyerson JCC Manhattan
334 Amsterdam Ave
New York, NY 10023
The Saul and Carole Zabar Nursery School at the Marlene Meyerson JCC Manhattan seeks a part time learning specialist and parent educator. We are looking for an experienced educator or child development expert who understands the development of young children, is skilled at working with parents and has extensive knowledge of early intervention services. The nursery school is a progressive, inclusive environment where teachers, administrators and parents all work together to support each child's individual needs.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Learning Specialist and Parent Educator
- Oversee all the related services (OT, PT, Speech, SEIT) that individual children are receiving.
- Have regular communication with teachers and parents to make sure services are taking place and that children are progressing.
- Regular classroom observations.
- Helping to support teachers in the classroom as well as identify children who may benefit from additional support.
- Offering guidance for teachers on how to modify their classroom to support differentiated learning
- Assist families with navigating the EI and CPSE process as well as private evaluations and services.
- Work with SEITs that are assigned to students in the school and/or helping children attain SEIT services.
- Assist with support in coordinating team meetings with related service providers, teachers and parents
- Meet regularly with school Director and Associate Director to discuss classroom observations and ongoing cases and supports.
- On occasion, lead workshops for teachers
- Lead monthly parenting workshops
- Assist with admissions as needed
- Facilitate social skills group
- Conduct classroom observations and follow up teacher meetings to discuss children's needs
- Provide guidance and support to parents on developmental, emotional, and family related issues
To apply, please send resume and cover letter including salary requirements.
Salary Range $60,000 - $70,000 commensurate with experience. Flexibility with scheduling work hours.
Diversity is a core value of the Marlene Meyerson JCC Manhattan. We believe the power of diversity enriches all of us by exposing us to a range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and to discover, design and deliver solutions.
- Masters or PhD in Special Education, social work or psychology
- Experience working in a school setting
- Extensive knowledge of NY evaluation processes, services and providers
- Excellent communication skills
55,000 - 65,000
The Saul and Carole Zabar Nursery School is a progressive, inclusive environment where teachers, administrators and parents all work together to support each child's individual needs.