Location and Job Title:
Arts & Culture Associate, Part-Time
6651 SW Capitol Hwy
Portland, OR 97219
The Arts and Culture Associate will provide administrative support to the Arts and Culture Manager including assisting in the organization and planning of cultural arts programs, activities and special events which may include Summer Concert Series, JCC Gallery Exhibits, Author Series, Family Programs, etc. This position is roughly 25 hours a week
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Under the direction of the Arts and Culture Manager, correspond with event providers to confirm details as well as assists in yearly budgeting, planning quarterly program guides, etc.
- Communicate with lecturers, instructors and co-sponsors regarding logistical and publicity needs.
- Work with the MJCC Marketing Dept. to create flyers for events and programs.
- Provide logistical support as needed at events including evenings and weekends.
- Document participant attendance and correspond as needed.
- Update online community calendars to ensure accuracy of event dates and locations.
- Collaborate with local Jewish agencies, program providers, synagogues, and community leaders to effectively leverage community resources and ensure that MJCC is viewed as a quality event partner and supporter of broader community goals and objectives.
- Organize logistics for gallery exhibitions, install artwork, and plan associated receptions.
- Provide support to the Arts and Culture Manager in maintaining existing partnerships and collaborating with arts and community organizers to develop new relationships.
- Collaborate effectively with all other MJCC departments to support seamless service delivery and positive experiences for members.
- Other duties as assigned/needed.
Any combination of experience and training that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.This would typically include:
- One year responsible experience assisting in the organization and execution of programming at a community center, synagogue, or similar organization.
- Considerable knowledge of Jewish culture and religion.
- Passion and understanding for arts and culture.
- Basic knowledge of marketing and communication planning.
- Reliable transportation to attend meetings and events in the Portland Metropolitan Area.
- Knowledge of CRM databases preferred
- Working knowledge of MS Office, especially Excel and Word.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and execute work independently, sometimes under the pressure of time-sensitive deadlines;
- Ability to meet and deal courteously and effectively with MJCC staff, members, and a variety of community stakeholders.
- Ability to remain flexible and have a sense of humor especially under pressure.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends as well as some holidays.