Location and Job Title:
Halle Park Maintenance Lead
Mandel JCC of Cleveland
26001 S Woodland Rd
Beachwood, OH 44122
Expectations of Employees:
- Support the Mission of the Mandel JCC.
- Possess a working knowledge of agency programs and services in order to ensure that are reflective of the Core Values of the Mandel JCC.
- Represent the Agency and provide the highest quality of customer service.
- Adhere to all policies and practices provided in the employee handbook.
- Wear Mandel JCC Staff uniform and ID badge.
- Attend appropriate staff meetings and trainings.
- During spring months, facilitates winter clean up in preparation for summer season. Includes tree and trail management, opening of buildings, and turning on water.
- During summer months, recognizes and responds to maintenance needs. Supports daily operation of summer program in such tasks as checking exit lighting, smoke detectors, light bulbs, toilets, etc.
- During fall months, maintains camp facility in preparation for winter season. Includes winterizing of facility, lawn, and leaf care.
- During winter months, removes snow with a snow blower or shovel from entrances and sidewalks. Operates snowplow on main camp entrances and roads. Salts walkways as needed throughout the day.
Year Round Responsibilities Include:
- Maintaining the camp and maintenance work spaces in a professional and conscientious manner at all times.
- Recognizing facility defects and correcting them without being directed to do so or reporting them immediately to a supervisor as needed.
- Cleaning various camp buildings and other areas as instructed.
- Performing clean-up work including dusting, vacuuming, mopping, washing windows, and walls and keeping the campus clean including sweeping outside buildings and structures.
- Setting up and re-arranging furniture per written schematic or verbally as assigned.
- Accepting and making deliveries of supplies and various materials.
- Painting and repairing buildings and equipment.
- Maintaining pool and chlorine level testing.
- Monitoring of waste water treatment plant.
- Reports maintenance, cleaning, and/or safety issues to supervisor.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Responds to department requests.
- Upholds the professional standards of his/her field and always acts in a manner that is consistent with the best interests of The J and will protect and enhance its reputation and standing in the community.
- Adheres to The J's code of ethics and avoids any real or perceived conflicts of interest.
- Shows respect for co-workers and members and an understanding of and appreciation for the diversity of the Agency's staff, members, and audiences.
- Aspires to excellence in all aspects of his/her work and serves as a model for others.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Adheres to all Mandel JCC protocols, procedures, rules, and policies.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Two years of maintenance or housekeeping experience in a multi service building serving the public or equivalent.
- Must have a valid Ohio Drivers' License.
- Ability to operate equipment including but not limited to: snow blower, salt spreader, pool and carpet vacuum, golf carts, small snow removal tractor, ladders, vertical lifts, mops, chainsaw, and small hand tools.
- Basic knowledge of carpentry, plumbing, electrical, and auto repair a plus.
- Must be able to follow written and verbal directions related to work assignments.
- Must be able to read and comprehend schematics, blue prints, etc.
- Must be able and comfortable working with and around children.
- Willingness to work both as part of a team and individually to accomplish a wide variety of tasks.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing to supervisor.
- Ability to work required overtime as needed and varying shifts when necessary.
- Must be able to lift and/or carry up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to climb, bend, walk, stoop, kneel, reach, push, pull, and grasp on a regular basis.
- Must be able to stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Must pass a post-offer/pre-employment fitness for duty physical examination.
25,000 - 35,000
Summary: The Maintenance Lead staff position serves as member of the maintenance team for Halle Park which encompasses Camp Wise and Anisfield Day Camp. This position reports to the Camp Wise Facility Manager and responds to requests for maintenance repair, cleaning, and support service in a professional and expedient manner. This position is the acting manager when the facility manager is unavailable.