Location and Job Title:
Membership Sales & Service Associate
Kaplen JCC on the Palisades
411 E. Clinton Ave.
Tenafly, NJ 07670
The Kaplen JCC on the Palisades is seeking a highly motivated membership sales and service associate to help the JCC achieve aggressive membership goals. The Membership Associate is the first point of contact for all members and prospective members. They are also responsible for prospecting, sales calls, and reaching monthly sales quotas. In addition to the sales responsibilities, they will assist with customer service, membership retention, member engagement and program participation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for end-to-end sales process for new memberships to the JCC including prospecting, sales calls, touring and closing sales.
- Achieve 50% or higher membership sales closing ratio.
- Generate personal contacts, business contacts along with daily appointments to tour our facility from your marketing efforts.
- Be an ambassador to the community on behalf of the JCC and have a presece at local festivals and events.
- Assist with Customer Service issues, including connecting families with appropriate JCC department personnel, reporting on issues of concern to members, conducting exit interviews with families that have dropped their membership.
- General membership office assistance, which includes filing, maintaining brochure and flyer inventory, and other tasks pertaining to the Membership department.
- Help with membership retention and collection issues, including contacting families whose membership accounts are delinquent.
- 2+ years of retail/service sales or fitness sales experience.
- Strong customer service skills
- Experience with Salesforce a plus
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong listening and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Candidates should be flexible
- Previous knowledge and understanding of the JCC is a plus
This is a full-time, 40-hour a week position. The membership associate will work Sunday - Thursday and be available to prospect occasionally (once or twice a month) evening or weekend events.
35,000 - 45,000
Kaplen JCC On The Palisades is a welcoming home away from home for all who pass through its front doors. Our 185,000 square foot building plus acres of outside grounds feature 2 fitness centers, an indoor and outdoor aquatics center, group exercise, spin and pilates studios, 2 gymnasiums, tennis and racquet courts, indoor track, a luxurious spa, multiple playgrounds and fields and so much more. The JCC is home to the renowned Thurnauer School of Music, Leonard and Syril Rubin Nursery School, Neil Klatskin Day Camp, and the JCC Dance and Drama Schools. The JCC is also proud to offer extensive, high quality programs and services to adults of all ages, as well as to seniors and individuals with special needs.
Our vision is to be the center point of Jewish life in our community and to engage all generations in our mission and values.
Deeply rooted in Jewish values and tradition, the Kaplen JCC on the Palisades is a vibrant home for the Jewish People that welcomes all and cultivates the social, intellectual, physical and spiritual well-being of the entire community.
We are committed to demonstrating the following values and ask respect for these values from those with whom we interact:
CONNECTION TO JUDAISM AND ISRAEL
TIKKUN OLAM (repairing the world)