Location and Job Title:
Facilities Worker, Part-Time/On-Call
800 Foster City Blvd
Foster City, CA 94404
The Peninsula Jewish Community Center (PJCC) cultivates Jewish culture and values, builds community, and develops leadership on the North Peninsula of the San Francisco Bay Area. Our excellent educational, cultural, and recreational programs create a vibrant, inviting gathering place where people of all backgrounds and ages feel at home.
Summary: The Facilities Worker is responsible for minor cleaning and minor maintenance at the Peninsula Jewish Community Center site. Also responsible for set up of programs, events and classes and other related tasks as assigned.
Maintains cleanliness and curb appeal of interior and exterior of facility, including, but not limited to:
- Maintenance of trash and recycle bins including disposing of trash;
- Conducting trash patrols and picking up any trash in exterior areas and parking lots;
- Sweeps, vacuums, scrubs, pressure washes and/or mops (including gum removal) interior and/or exterior concrete areas, floors, walls, ceilings, windows, sills, woodwork, upholstered furniture, rugs and carpets;
- Inspects perimeter of facility, parking lots, landscaping and exterior of buildings and reports any damaged or broken items, landscape issues, and/or safety hazards.
- Cleans rooms, lobbies, and other work areas including organizing and cleaning facilities office, work area and work bench.
Repair, maintenance and operations of the physical facility, equipment and furniture including, but not limited to:
- Replacement of light bulbs;
- Minor painting and wall repair;
- Ceiling tile replacement;
- Door closure, Locker adjustments;
- Thermostat adjustments;
- Minor plumbing repair including toilet and sink stoppages;
- Furniture assembly;
- Sets up and breaks down for classes, programs and events; including moving tables and chairs.
- Knowledge and proficiency in proper and safe use of hand/power tools used in repairs and light construction;
- Carries two-way radio at all times and maintains constant contact using prescribed radio technique;
- Restocks kitchen and break room supplies;
- Orders and purchases supplies and maintains inventory;
- Pick up and delivery;
- Read and understand daily work schedule, online work order system, safety regulations, instructions and maintenance manuals and Center policies;
- Fill out reports and orders as required;
- Other duties as assigned
- Work involves moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises. Moderate physical activity. Requires handling of average weight objects up to 50 pounds or standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day.
- Work environment involves exposure to physical risks, such as operating dangerous equipment or working with chemicals.
This is a part-time / on-call position. The incumbent will work selected Saturdays and/or Sundays in a specific month, while also providing support during holidays and relief during staff vacations.
- Knowledge and proficiency in proper and safe use of hand/power tools used in repairs and light construction.
- Valid Driver's license.
- 1+ year of relevant experience.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and a minimum of one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Welcoming with joy people of all ages, faiths, and backgrounds, our innovative Center provides programs and services designed to meet the needs of everyone from infants to seniors.
Come work out in our 50,000 square foot Byer Athletic Center; take a class at our Koret Learning Center; create a lifetime of memories for your children at our award-winning preschool or at Camp Keff.
At the PJCC we believe in a 'Wellness Your Way' approach to overall wellness. Wellness Your Way is an integrated approach to help youth and adults of all ages experience greater well-being by helping you identify your own, unique wellness formula and create a plan to put that formula to work in your life.
Your personal wellness formula serves your whole life, and it is unique to you. Your formula includes Nourish, Move and Engage activities that are the building blocks of a life well-lived.