Location and Job Title:
Fogelman Jewish Family Service Therapist and Program Coordinator
The Memphis Jewish Community Center (MJCC)
6560 Poplar Ave.
Memphis, TN 38138
- Full-time; Salaried; Exempt
- Monday-Friday 8:00 am-5:00 pm, with occasional evening or weekend hours.
- To provide direct clinical social work and case management services to clients, individually and in groups, in keeping with the ethics of the profession.
- Conduct thorough intake, formulate diagnosis, develop treatment plan and goals; provide counseling and case management for each client as needed.
- Keep current progress notes for each client and enter written case results when case closed in accordance with acceptable standards of the agency.
- Maintain and submit weekly service reports to supervisor.
- Submit billing information to finance department on a timely basis.
- Attend and participate in departmental and/or agency staff meetings as scheduled.
- Organize workload efficiently in accordance with good time management practice.
- Represent the agency in local, regional and national activities and committees of relevance to the worker's field of practice.
- Participate in workshops, seminars and other opportunities for professional growth as a means of enhancing one's skills.
- Provide and encourage great customer service for clients, guests and staff.
- Work closely with other department staff on creating appropriate and engaging educational programs and community outreach initiatives.
- Work in consort with other FJFS staff to develop and implement continuing education programs for social service professionals in the Greater Memphis area.
- Create and actively promote a comfortable and welcoming environment where every client is treated with dignity and respect, in a friendly, personalized manner.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the administration.
- Work cooperatively with other departments and staff on collaborative programming and service delivery where appropriate.
- LMSW, LCSW or LPC required.
- 2-4 years prior clinical experience.
- Knowledge of Jewish family life, community, culture and values.
- Demonstrated ability to show accuracy and great attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills and outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Independent judgment, initiative and advanced administrative skills required.
$45,000 - $55,000
Located on 24 amazing acres in the heart of East Memphis, The Memphis Jewish Community Center has something for everyone of all shapes and sizes. We have an amazing Early Childhood Center, an expanded Fitness Center, a large outdoor water park, an Art House, Senior Adult gatherings, Summer Camp, After School activities, and most importantly a welcoming environment.
All MJCC employees are required to have the COVID-19 vaccination.