Location and Job Title:
Adult Day Program Direct Care Staff Job Description
Kaplen JCC on the Palisades
411 E. Clinton Ave.
Tenafly, NJ 07670
Under the direction and supervision of the Director of the Guttenberg Center for Special Services and the Adult Day Program Manager, Direct Care Staff will comply with all requirements, responsibilities and essential functions as related to the position.
- High School Diploma required
- Minimum of one year of work experience in the field with developmentally disabled
adults, including but not limited to Autism
- Ability to meet the individual needs of the participants in your care
- Ability to supervise the participants safely and be able to recognize potential
- Responsible and honest
- Ability to think clearly and use good judgment in ordinary - and especially in emergency -
- Ability to communicate effectively and positively with participants and staff
- Should possess the following personality traits: dependable, considerate, flexible,
a sense of humor, a hard worker, conscientious, patience
- To be in the pool (indoor or outdoor) with participants
- Successfully complete all required coursework as defined by NJ Department of Human Services, Division of Developmental Disabilities including First Aid/CPR
Successful job screenings including fingerprinting, CARI background check, NJ Central Registry check and all others required by the Division of Developmental Disabilities and the Kaplen JCC on the Palisades
- Assist with and participate in all daily activities of the Day Program, and other activities
as assigned and necessary
- Plan and implement focused life skills and social skills lessons for program participant tohelp them meet their outcomes and goals.
- Remain with all participants at all times
- Instruct participants in emergency procedures such as fire drills, lockdown drills, etc.
- Follow any emergency procedures in place.
- Monitor safety and all procedures as they pertain to the complete supervision of all
participants and staff
- Help provide an atmosphere for developing good morale and well-being among
- Report any accidents or incidents to the Day Program Manager and Department Director
immediately, and fill out an accident/incident form if necessary
- Attend all staff meetings and training sessions, both on- and off-site
- Ability to communicate and work with staff and adult participants of all ages and abilities
- Ability to observe participants behavior, assess its appropriateness, enforce appropriate
- Follow regulations and emergency procedures, and apply appropriate behavior and
- Visual and auditory ability to identify and respond to environmental and other hazards
related to activities
- Cognitive and communication abilities to plan and conduct activities to achieve
maximum participant skill development
- Physical ability and strength to respond appropriately to situations requiring First Aid/CPR
- Physical ability and strength to physically control a participant from hurting him/herself
- Assist participants when necessary with toileting, showering and dressing
- Be familiar and in compliance with all information in the Day Program and JCC Staff Handbooks
- Be accountable for all equipment and use it in a responsible manner
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Hours - Monday - Friday9:00am-3:00pm
Hourly Salary Range$15-$20 (depending on experience)
If interested, please submit a letter of interest and your resume to:Shelley Levy, Director, Guttenberg Center for Special Services at email@example.com.Any inquiries please call 201-408-1489
It is the policy of this institution to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or status within any other protected group.
Kaplen JCC On The Palisades is a welcoming home away from home for all who pass through its front doors. Our 185,000 square foot building plus acres of outside grounds feature 2 fitness centers, an indoor and outdoor aquatics center, group exercise, spin and pilates studios, 2 gymnasiums, tennis and racquet courts, indoor track, a luxurious spa, multiple playgrounds and fields and so much more. The JCC is home to the renowned Thurnauer School of Music, Leonard and Syril Rubin Nursery School, Neil Klatskin Day Camp, and the JCC Dance and Drama Schools. The JCC is also proud to offer extensive, high quality programs and services to adults of all ages, as well as to seniors and individuals with special needs.
Our vision is to be the center point of Jewish life in our community and to engage all generations in our mission and values.
Deeply rooted in Jewish values and tradition, the Kaplen JCC on the Palisades is a vibrant home for the Jewish People that welcomes all and cultivates the social, intellectual, physical and spiritual well-being of the entire community.
We are committed to demonstrating the following values and ask respect for these values from those with whom we interact:
CONNECTION TO JUDAISM AND ISRAEL
TIKKUN OLAM (repairing the world)