Location and Job Title:
Jewish Educational Alliance
5111 Abercorn Street
Savannah, GA 31405
Provide swimming lessons (private, semi-private or group) to all ages and abilities.
- The swim instructor is responsible for instructing all swim lesson participants assigned to them
- This position is also responsible for the safety of the participants in their own class
- Work hours as scheduled which includes beginning and ending class on time; remaining after class to answer participant and/or parent questions as needed, and clean up supplies
- Instructs and evaluates students participating in swim lessons
- Submits completed progress reports, skills sheets and attendance information on time
- Attends mandatory meetings and training sessions as scheduled
- Act immediately and appropriately to secure safety of patrons in the event of an emergency
- Presents professional appearance and attitude at all times, and maintains a high standard of customer service
- All other duties as assigned and appropriate
- Knowledge of and the ability to demonstrate skills in swim lesson instruction
- Ability to demonstrate skills as required for class content and use teaching aids such as kickboards, diving rings, fins, etc.
- Ability to work independently and possess energy and enthusiasm
- Ability to positively interact with the general public
- Current Lifeguarding and First Aid, CPR and AED
- Current ARC Red Cross Water Safety Instructor or equivalent
The Jewish Educational Alliance serves as a meeting place for the Savannah Jewish Community,
supports the Savannah community at large, and has something to interest everyone of any age.
For over 100 years the JEA has been dedicated to ensuring a strong and vibrant Jewish life and community
for generations to come. Our summer camp and wide array of enriching activities provide opportunities to
discover the Savannah community through innovative programs designed to meet the needs of everyone
from infants to adults.