Location and Job Title:
Ukrainian Relief Case Manager
Shorefront YM-YWHA of Brighton Manhattan Beach
3300 Coney Island Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11235
The Ukrainian Relief Case Manager will be responsible for outreach, intake, assessment and referral services for clients who are in the US due to the war in Ukraine and seeking support and guidance regarding life in the US. Case Manager will provide support as newly arrived/arriving Ukrainians seek assistance in learning what may be available and how to access services (i.e., legal services, school access for their children, English as a Second Language, health care support, etc.) The Case Manager must be highly organized, empathetic, compassionate and eager to help vulnerable and often traumatized families. Case Manager will often be the first point of contact for many Ukrainian clients and establishing trust and assessing needs and available resources will be essential.
- Provide comprehensive case management, information, and case assistance services, service coordination, referrals, and advocacy related to benefits, entitlements, and housing.
- Develop and consistently update program resources and referral network.
- Provide support and resources for clients; inclusive but not limited to government resources, internal services including emergency cash assistance and community resources.
- Advocating and raising community awareness of challenges and needs facing newly arrived/arriving Ukrainian families.
- Assist with program outreach and communication.
- Develop timely responses and interventions for clients', and conduct ongoing evaluations and follow-up.
- Maintain timely and comprehensive records. Maintain accurate data and report statistical reporting on a regular basis and as needed in this evolving Ukrainian relocation situation.
- Attend meetings for the Brooklyn Ukraine Relief Hub, NYC Ukrainian Support Regrant Network and other relevant convenings
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bilingual Russian/English (Ukrainian also a plus)
- Strong written and spoken communication skills in Russian and English
- Excellent interpersonal skills with clients and colleagues
- Excellent and reliable time management skills:
- Ability to organize detailed and confidential files, schedules, and information
- Position will include occasional evening and weekend hours based on programmatic needs.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, multifaceted environment
- Strong commitment to client empowerment
- Experience with Person-Centered Trauma-Informed Care
- Bachelor + 2 years of experience in related fields such as social work/case management
To apply: email firstname.lastname@example.org
$45,000 - $55,000
Located in the heart of the largest Russian speaking community in North America, the Shorefront YM-YWHA has been committed to serving the diverse population of Brighton-Manhattan Beach for over half a century. A vibrant Jewish community center and social service agency, the Shorefront Y integrates immigrants into American society, inspires families and individuals to reconnect to their Jewish roots and provides a full array of cultural, educational, wellness, immigrant and human social services for people of all ages year-round.