Location and Job Title:
Aaron Family JCC of Dallas
7900 Northaven Rd
Dallas, TX 75230
The Lifeguard will report to the Assistant Aquatics Director and will provide lifeguard coverage of the pools at the JCC of Dallas according to American Red Cross standards for lifeguarding. This part-time, non-exempt position will work a maximum of 29 hours a week (weekend hours required). This position does not offer benefits. EOE (equal opportunity employer).
- Daily oversight of the pool area, following the policies and procedures outlined in the JCC Aquatics Staff Manual and the American Red Cross maintaining a safe and healthy pool and program.
- Demonstrate and model standards of a professional lifeguard for the patrons and members and other lifeguards, enforcing pool rules, showing a positive attitude in all interactions, recognize and respond effectively to all emergencies.
- Maintains order in both indoor and outdoor pool areas at all times.
- Maintain the chemical logs in a professional manner by recording chlorine and pH levels, water temperature and usage statistics and report problems to Assistant Aquatics Director.
- Keeps management well informed of pool maintenance needs including cleaning, chemical adjustments, and repairs.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the pool and pool area.
- Provide customer service based on the JCC Customer Service Policy.
- Be identifiable as a JCC Lifeguard by being in uniform and at your workstation.
- Additional duties as assigned by the Assistant Aquatics Director.
- American Red Cross Lifeguarding/CPR/First Aid/AED certification required.
- Previous experience lifeguarding preferred.
The Aaron Family Jewish Community Center of Dallas brings the community together by providing state-of-the-art facilities and exceptional programs in an inclusive environment defined by Jewish values and culture.