The Aquatics Department at the Katie & Irwin Kahn JCC is in search for a part-time Swim Instructor. We are ready for enthusiastic, inspiring, fun-loving people to join our aquatics department! The candidate will provide private and semi-private swim instruction (2 or 3 individuals) and positive reinforcement to children, starting at the age of 3, to adults. The Swim Instructor will report directly to the Aquatics Manager.
If you join our aquatics team now, you will receive a free fitness membership!
Please click the link below for details regarding our fitness center!
- Instructs swimming lessons in accordance with certificate curriculum.
- Hold productive and engaging 30 minute lessons.
- Builds effective, authentic relationships with students and parents.
- Conveys information on aquatics programs and schedules (swim team, lifeguard training, etc.)
- Attends staff meetings and in-service training as scheduled.
- Follows all JCC policies, rules, regulations, and procedures, including emergency and safety procedures.
- Organizes and returns necessary class equipment.
- Reports on any damaged equipment.
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends.
- Become familiarized with our online POS system to document sessions.
- Understand and honor the Katie & Irwin Kahn JCC's mission, core values, and customer service standards inside and outside the Aquatics Center.
- Perform any additional duties as needed.
To apply please email email@example.com
- Swim Instructor: 1 year preferred
- Certifications: American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor preferred, but not required.
American Red Cross CPR/AED/First Aid
American Red Cross Lifeguarding preferred, but not required.
- Must be able to demonstrate swim instructor skills in accordance with certification.
- Ability to instruct and observe participants in proper stroke techniques.
- Ability to life equipment, and to life a small to average size child.
- At least 16 years of age.
- Work in the vicinity of children.
This position is contingent upon completion and clearance of a background check.
- Must complete an Abusive Prevention online training before hire date.
All applicants should submit their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Katie and Irwin Kahn Jewish Community Center (JCC) is a friendly, welcoming, and inclusive community center in Northeast Columbia, South Carolina. The mission of the JCC is to enhance the quality of life by providing comprehensive programs based on Jewish values, traditions, heritage, and culture. The JCC aims to promote unity through social, recreational, athletic, educational, and cultural programs, enriching and uniting the Jewish community and the community as a whole.
The JCC hosts a range of programs for people of all backgrounds, ages, and affiliation. Programs and special events for individuals and every family member include fitness, sports and recreational leagues, aquatics, summer camp, Jewish life, adult and senior activities, and community and member events.