Location and Job Title:
JCC of Mid-Westchester
999 Wilmot Rd
Scarsdale, NY 10583
The JCC Mid-Westchester is seeking a full time Development Associate to join the development team. Reporting to the Chief Development Officer the Development Associate supports the daily operations of the Development Department and executive offices through administrative, logistical, and strategic work. We are looking for an organized self-starter who is passionate about community, enjoys collaborating as part of a small team, supporting and advancing JCCMWs efforts to raise awareness and funds from individuals, foundations, and corporations. Ideally, you have administrative experience especially working with a donor database and understand the important and essential nature of this work, coupled with the drive to take on additional responsibilities and grow with the institution. You are confident working in a professional yet relatable manner with a variety of stakeholders including Board members, volunteers and the public.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide support for all patron engagement and donor outreach.
- Maintain a database of constituents, including but not limited to gift processing and entry, segmenting of donors, donor recognition, reporting and analysis, list management, and donor management (ex: entry of relationships, plans, contact reports and relevant notes).
- Assist CEO with administrative duties as needed.
- Prepare and organize timely donor communication including direct mail, e-appeals, gift acknowledgements and acknowledgment letters.
- Handle donor inquiries and correspondence via mail, phone, email and in-person.
- Support CDO with board relations and management, such as-providing weekly income reports; quarterly highlights to include in board report and attending committee meetings as needed, in preparing agendas and taking minutes.
- Work with the finance team to manage, reconcile, and track various types of donations including recurring donations, in-kind gifts, honor/memorial gifts and matching gifts.
- Assist with coordinating special events and donor/sponsorship cultivation efforts. Help identify areas for data clean up and streamlining in donor database management system.
- Conduct research on prospects as potential sources of private funds.
- Opportunity to manage a portfolio of low to mid-level annual fund donors and prospects.
- Perform general office duties, attend meetings; assist with appointments and calendars.
- Occasional weekend and evening work for scheduled events and meetings will be required.
All other duties as assigned.
- Must be highly organized and detail-oriented; able to multitask.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive and productive relationships with donors, volunteers, Board, and colleagues.
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and work with multiple managers and volunteer committees.
- Maintain poise and patience when dealing with the public, as well as with major and high-profile donors always maintaining diplomacy and grace under pressure.
- Ability to engage in collaborative work with minimal direction; but understands when to ask for help or guidance.
- Solid analytical, creative, and problem-solving abilities
- Exceptional written and verbal communication, including excellent interpersonal, networking, and presentation skills.
Must possess the highest degree of discretion and confidentiality.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com, or apply at https://jccmw.org/employment-opportunities/
- Bachelor's degree
- Applications must be accompanied by a cover letter
- Minimum of 2 years working within a nonprofit fundraising environment or transferrable/relatable experience.
- Strong database skills
- Knowledge of fundraising processes a plus
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills; proficient in standard word processing, spreadsheet and database software applications
- Experience implementing special events and programs
- Volunteer experience a plus
Occasional weekends and evenings required
$45,000 - $55,000
JCCMW is a diverse, multi-generational community center in Westchester located on the New Rochelle/Scarsdale border. Centered around our Jewish Values, we open our doors as widely as possible to offer participants educational, social, cultural, and recreational activities to inspire joyous lives and strengthen community.