Location and Job Title:
Children & Camp Coordinator at Mandel JCC, Boynton Beach
Mandel JCC of the Palm Beaches
5221 Hood Road
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33418
This position is located at our Boynton Beach campus.
The Children and Camp Coordinator is responsible for overseeing the day to day operations of After School Enrichment Classes, Birthday Parties, Kids Night Outs (Saturday Night Programs), Vacation Camp and No School Holidays.
This person also plays a key role at Camp Shalom during the summer as well as other Children/Camp programs during the year.
Normal working hours will include evenings and weekends.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Planning, implementation, booking of instructors and marketing for preschool and elementary age enrichment classes.
- Responsible for all Vacation Camps and No School Holidays including recruitment, planning, implementing, supervising, and scheduling staff.
- Planning, implementation and marketing for Kids Night Outs to be held on Saturday nights.
- Develop a Birthday Party program and serve as the party coordinator to the families prior to the party.
- Work with necessary departments to ensure that all needs have been met for the day of the Birthday party.
- Responsible for monitoring the budget and ensuring all programs are within budget for both revenue and expenses.
- Leadership Role at Camp Shalom
- Additional duties as assigned by supervisor.
Minimum Position Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years' working with in program development and working with kindergarten-5th graders
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills and sensitivity and comfort in engaging with people of all ages.
- Passionate about Judaism and Jewish communal life.
- Energized by kids.
- Excellent oral and written skills.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks, and prioritize demands.
- Flexible, able to meet changing work needs and demands.
- Excellent organizational and supervisory skills (including talent development).
- Plans and utilizes time effectively with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work collaboratively with staff and community members
- A sense of humor and a passion for learning are essential.
- Cultural responsiveness and an alignment to our values and commitment to equity, inclusion, and belonging.
Special Requirements and Physical Demands:
- Ability to exert moderate physical efforts which may involve some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of moderate weights (up to 50lbs), bending, stooping, stretching, squatting and sitting;
- Tasks may involve extended periods of time at a keyboard or workstation.
- Noise level can be quiet to moderate.
- Flexibility to work various schedules as needed.
$45,000 - $55,000
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN A JCC?
Jewish Community Centers are multi-service community agencies that provide a wide array of programs, courses, and activities for people of all ages. In addition to stimulating and rewarding work, you'll enjoy a friendly family-like atmosphere that values your mental and physical well-being. JCC employees can use the on-site fitness facilities and take part in all of the programs available. Competitive salaries and generous holiday, vacation, and healthcare plans underscore your importance to the JCC. In a recent survey of JCC employee satisfaction, more than 90 percent of professionals reported enjoying their jobs!
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN IN THIS POSITION
- How to run a small business as you develop skills in budgeting, membership, marketing, sales, HR and event planning
- How to analyze and track data to drive decision making
- Global thinking as you work with an international team across organizational and geographical boundaries
- Influence and leadership acumen as you inspire others to action
- Relationship building as you network with others across the country in similar positions.
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN US?
The Mandel JCC of the Palm Beaches is committed to a passionate, member and community-centric culture where team members are encouraged to contribute and collaborate leading to a highly engaged JCC family.
Opportunities for growth
Internal mobility is highly encouraged and fully supported.
Benefits (Full-Time Employees)
- Health Benefits
- Life, AD&D, Short Term Disability
- PTO: Vacation, Sick and Personal Days
- Voluntary Benefits: Pet Discount Program, Financial Wellness, Identity Theft Protection, Accident and Critical Illness
- Staff Discount on our Programs (FT and PT employees!)
Our mission at the Mandel JCC of the Palm Beaches is to build community and enhance connection to Jewish life. We embrace employees, members and guests of any race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status or any other characteristic protected by Federal and State law. A non-discrimination clause concerning employment opportunity is incorporated in the Personnel Manual. The Mandel JCC of the Palm Beaches will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.