Location and Job Title:
Summer Camp Preschool Teacher Assistant
Jewish Silicon Valley / Addison-Penzak JCC
14855 Oka Road
Los Gatos, CA 95032
Work as a Preschool Teacher's Aide at the Addison-Penzak Jewish Community Center Preschool (part of Jewish Silicon Valley).
Areas of Responsibility
Duties including, but not limited to:
- Supervise and insure safety of children at all times. Be alert to the needs of children as individuals and as a group.
- Support the teacher in the following tasks:
- Plan and implement an enriching curriculum that helps move children as individuals and a group toward meeting our stated developmental goals.
- Plan and implement activities and projects that support children's learning in the area of Jewish culture, holidays and values.
- Keep classroom shelves, counters, storage areas and bathrooms orderly and free of clutter.
- Prepare snack for children and sit with them while they eat.
- Conduct two individual parent/teacher conferences per year with each family in assigned class (school year only, not summer camp).
- Keep preschool administration informed of any special needs or concerns about individual children.
- Write informative parent newsletters monthly.
- Fill out all required paper work in a timely manner. This includes, but is not limited to accident reports, incident reports, curriculum plans and team meeting reports.
- Attend Back to School Night and Open House (school year only, not summer camp).
- Be familiar with and follow all Preschool and APJCC Policies detailed in the APJCC Employee Handbook, APJCC Preschool Staff Handbook and the APJCC Preschool Parent Handbook.
- Maintain punctual and consistent attendance.
- Attend all staff meetings, in-service training, set up/clean up days and team planning meetings.
- Discuss areas of concern about children with teacher to enable the teacher to communicate the concern clearly to the parent.
- Communicate frequently with parents in a professional and respectful manner.
- Communicate with colleagues and administration in a professional and respectful manner.
- Always keep developmentally appropriate practice in mind when planning for and communicating with children and families.
- Represent the preschool and the APJCC in a positive manner both on campus and off.
Qualifications and competencies:
- 6 units of ECE/CD college courses preferred but not required
Working Conditions/Physical requirements:
The working conditions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to:
- Ability to lift and carry at least 30lbs and
- Physical ability to sit on the floor or low chair and to squat down to be at eye level with children for up to 15 minutes at a time and
- Ability to stand and walk for up to one hour at a time and
- Level of physical fitness that allows for keeping pace with the activity level of young children.
This position is contingent upon the completion and cleared background check of a fingerprint and life scan assessment.
Disclaimer: This job description indicates in general terms, the type and level of work performed as well as the typical responsibilities of employees in this classification. The duties described are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive to any specific employee. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions and, when possible, to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job. Nothing in this position description changes the at-will employment relationship existing between JSV and its employees.
Amenities include fitness center, heated pool, children's pool, lighted tennis courts, full gymnasium, event auditorium and meeting rooms, athletic field, physical therapy clinic, free parking, acclaimed preschool for ages 18 months-5 years, day camp, recreation program for children with special needs, birthday parties, Center for Jewish Life & Learning, holiday celebrations, Judaica and Hebrew classes, enrichment classes on a variety of topics for all ages, sports programs for children and adults. Event rentals available.