Location and Job Title:
JCC of Stamford
1035 Newfield Ave
Stamford, CT 06905
The Stamford JCC Performing Arts department is seeking a dance instructor to teach programs geared toward our younger students - class levels ranging from "Parent & Me" dance activities, preschool-aged dancers, and students grades K - 6. We are looking for a teacher who can encourage and inspire our young dancers, while brining energy and passion to classroom atmosphere. Weekend availability is a must.
Classes in need of an instructor or substitute:
- Ballet 2's
- Parent & Me Gymnastics & Tumbling
- Parent & Me Ballet
- Preschool Ballet
- Ballet (grades K-2)
- Other styles: Hip-Hop, Jazz, Tap, Acrobatics and Gymnastics (grades K-6)
- Set up and break down dance studio before and after class (put away barres, open and lock up stereo, put away mats etc.)
- Arrive at least 20 minutes before class time for proper preparation
- Stay with children until all students have been picked up by parent or guardian.
- Sign students in and out of every class
- Teach age-appropriate dance technique
- Create a warm and supportive classroom environment for all students
- Choreograph a dance at the end of every semester demonstrating the skills learned (ages 3+)
- Participate in all Dance Department staff meetings and special events such as performances or dance class demonstrations.
- A minimum of 2 years prior experience teaching (experience with nursery-school-aged students preferred)
- 10 + years of formal dance training
- Must be available to teach weekends
- Must be a team player: someone who communicates openly and can collaborate well with both staff and students
- Must be CPR/First Aid certified, or be available to take a class once employed
The Stamford JCC is a cultural, educational and recreational center, offering exceptional programs, classes and special events designed to enrich the mind, body and spirit. We are driven by the Jewish values of welcoming guests, kindness, respect, and communal responsibility, and we warmly welcome people of all ages, faiths, ethnicities and backgrounds.