Location and Job Title:
Program + Operations Manager, Arts + Ideas
Stroum Jewish Community Center
3801 East Mercer Way
Mercer Island, WA 98040
The Arts + Ideas Program + Operations Manager is responsible for coordinating and executing the curatorial vision of the SJCC Arts + Ideas and festival programs, including overseeing box office, venue, event, and staffing/volunteer relations and contributing to marketing, sponsorship, and outreach efforts as needed. The position prepares for and manages the day-to-day operations including staffing coordination of all Arts + Ideas programs, including the SeaJAM (Seattle Jewish Art + Music) and Seattle Jewish Film Festivals, and helps curate and support year-round Arts + Ideas cultural programs and supports SJCC community wide celebrations as required or as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists with strategy and manages the operations, administration, and planning of SJCC Arts + Ideas activities, including the annual Seattle Jewish Film and SeaJAM Festivals, box office, and programs.
- Plans logistics and negotiates contract(s) for festivals, conferences, programs, and events, with respect to budgets, speakers, entertainment, transportation, facilities, technology, equipment, logistical requirements, printing, food and beverage, hospitality vendors, sponsors, and other related issues.
- Negotiates terms and fees, and executes and administers multiple contracts with facilities, vendors, speakers, entertainers, catering, outside vendors, etc., for service or sponsorship, in accordance with budget constraints and company policies and procedures.
- Monitor event activities to ensure compliance with contracts and applicable regulations and laws, satisfaction of participants, and resolution of any problems that arise.
- Reviews project proposal or plan to determine timeframe, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing projects, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of projects.
- Manages, plans, and coordinates activities of projects to ensure that goals or objectives of projects are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters.
- Develop new and maintain sponsors, vendors, in-kind, media, and community and outreach partners.
- Performs all transactional duties in accordance with the Director's guidance and oversight
- Regularly performs work on weekends and evenings as needed or to meet applicable deadlines.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or four to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Powerpoint is required.
- Certificates and Licenses: No specific certificates or licenses required.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and
- decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
K'lal Yisrael - Jewish Peoplehood
Hachnasat Orchim - Welcoming Everyone
Limud - Learning
Simcha - Joy
Derech Eretz - Respect and Common Courtesy
Shmirat haNefesh v'haGuf - Taking Care of Oneself, Body and Soul
Kehillah shel Chaverim - A Community of Friends
The Stroum Jewish Community Center has been serving the greater Seattle Jewish and general community since 1949. With our 92,000 square foot main campus located on Mercer Island, the SJCC offers a wide range of programs and services throughout the greater Seattle area, serving infants to older adults, including a highly acclaimed Early Childhood School with nearly 200 children , summer day camp welcoming over 1100 kids, youth and family programs, recreational leagues, aquatics and much more. The SJCC is a warm and welcoming community center open to everyone, and a place where lifelong friendships are forged.