Location and Job Title:
Summer Camp Counselors
JCC of Central NJ
1391 Martine Ave
Scotch Plains, NJ 07076
Are you looking for a summer job? Do you enjoy working with children of all ages? If so, we have many positions available to consider.
The JCC of Central NJ seeks energetic and enthusiastic high school students, college students, graduates & teachers to lead a group of campers ranging in age from 2 to 14 at Camp Yachad. The ideal candidate has experience with early childhood-aged children, and is willing to fully participate in all of the activities offered. Candidates should be prepared to spend time indoors and outdoors while, and be able to be on the move the majority of the day.
Key responsibilities include:
- Get campers to/from their activities
- Encourage campers to participate in activities
- Senior Counselors: call camper's families before camp starts
- Participate in daily swimming program
- Mentor 2-3 junior staff members on your team
- Assist youngest campers with bathroom use and/or diaper changes (If applicable)
- Junior Counselors: serve as bus counselors supervising campers on daily bus routes to and from camp (additional hours and compensation)
- Responsible for overall safety and well-being of campers
- Maintain required safety and hygiene practices related to Covid-19
- Attend all pre-camp staff trainings
- Program hours: 8:30am-1pm, 8:00am-2:30pm, or 8:00am-4:30pm
- Assistant/Junior Counselor: General Camp Counselor Position working with campers in Pre-School, Kindergarten, 1st, or 2nd grade (no travel). For those entering 11th grade.
- Adult Assistant: Camp staff seeking to work in our pre-school unit, under a senior counselor in a camp group. Minimum high-school graduate without additional certifications.
- Senior Counselor: Lead counselor in a group. Range of ages / groups available including travel. For high school graduates. For those wishing to work as a senior counselor for our 2 & 3 year old groups, a teacher certification is required.
The JCC of Central NJ's mission is to educate, enrich and empower our community - from generation to generation.
The JCC is a non-profit agency which offers educational, recreational, fitness & wellness, cultural and communal programs and activities for people of all abilities and all stages of life.
The JCC promotes a diverse workforce where all employees are treated fairly. All employees must work together with mutual respect. The Center complies with all applicable state and federal laws and expects employees to do the same.