Location and Job Title:
Director of Aquatics
Bonnie & Donald Dwares JCC of the Jewish Alliance of Greater Rhode Island
401 Elmgrove Ave
Providence, RI 02906
The Director of Aquatics leads the team responsible for the day-to-day management and operations of the pool and all related programming, including the TigerSharks Swim Academy. The Director of Aquatics ensures safe pool operation, staff supervision, strong program development, and that new programs are created as necessary to make the Dwares JCC pool a hub for the community and a key driver of memberships.
Management of Pool
- Recruit, hire, train, evaluate, and schedule lifeguards to ensure coverage of the pool at all times.
- Work with the Director of Facilities to ensure ongoing maintenance on the pool is conducted and that downtime is minimized.
- Notify members in a timely manner when changes to the pool schedule are made.
- Provide training to lifeguards and instructors on a periodic basis to ensure the pool provides an outstanding experience for members.
- Coordinate all rentals of the pool, working with the Dwares JCC Events Manager to promote pool rentals.
- Develop daily schedules for the pool, coordinating with other departments as necessary to understand their usage needs and to avoid conflicts in scheduling.
- Analyze data of pool usage to determine the number of lanes necessary for lap swimming during the day.
TigerSharks Swim Academy
- Lead and oversee all operations of the TigerSharks Swim Academy.
- Directly supervise the TigerSharks Program Coordinator and instructors
- Work with the branding team to advertise and recruit participants for the program.
- Monitor budgets and revenue projections to ensure revenue targets for the program are met.
- Periodically survey participants and parents to assess the quality of the program and make changes as necessary.
- With program staff, recruit, hire, train, schedule, and evaluate instructors for TigerSharks Swim Academy.
- Develop partnerships that increase participation in the program.
- Work with the Director of Fitness to create water-based fitness classes for members.
- Develop other types of water-based classes for members.
- Recruit, hire, train, schedule, and manage instructors for water-based programs.
- Serve as the head coach of the Dwares JCC Swim team.
- Develop a schedule of special events and activities that attract members to the pool and increase usage.
- Analyze data on pool usage to determine the best times to hold classes.
- Serve as a member of the organization's management team, responsible for implementation of the strategic plan.
- Provide feedback to and support for the implementation of the organization's strategic plan.
- Serve on cross-departmental teams to address specific projects or issues for the Alliance.
- Track metrics and maintain organizational dashboard items related to Aquatics programming.Report on metrics to the management team.
- Demonstrated experience with the Alliance's core values and a clear commitment to them.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to set priorities and handle multiple projects. Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to supervise and train staff, including organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Ability to compile data reports and analyze data.
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated individual who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, including occasional nights and weekends.
- Minimum of three years of aquatics supervision experience.
- CPR/AED certified for professional rescuer.
- Certified Pool Operator (CPO) License or ability to obtain one within six months of hire date.
- WSI (American Red Cross) or comparable certification required.
- Swim instruction experience required
- Ability to certify CPR and lifeguards preferred.
- Water fitness instruction experience preferred
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
55,000 - 65,000
The Jewish Alliance of Greater Rhode Island (the Alliance) serves to enrich the quality of life for Jews in Rhode Island, in Israel, and around the world.Today's Alliance is where the community comes together as one to develop responses to critical issues facing Rhode Island.We do this through philanthropy, education and wellness opportunities, community relations, and by convening agencies, synagogues, and organizations to address issues of common concern.Together, we translate Jewish tradition and values into action.All of our work is guided by our core values:
Tzedakah: upholding the Jewish traditions of righteous giving and justice.
L'dor v'dor: securing a future filled with Jewish tradition and heritage.
Tikkun Olam: repairing the world.
Hineni: standing with others so no one stands alone.
Klal Yisrael: supporting worldwide Judaism and the State of Israel.
Torah: pursuing knowledge and lifelong learning.