Location and Job Title:
Early Childhood Teachers and Assistant Teachers
JCC Greater Boston
333 Nahanton St
Newton, MA 02459
JCC Godine Early Learning Center seeks Full Time Early Childhood Teachers (Infant, Toddler and Preschool)
- Join a dynamic team of child care educators who have a love and passion for children, in a developmentally based, high quality program which provides a rich early learning experience based on Jewish values and traditions. All JCC ELCs are NAEYC accredited and open to all.
- Our educators bring warmth, patience, and understanding to the classroom every day, encouraging our children to learn and grow. They inspire children to be lifelong learners using a Reggio inspired, constructivist approach while incorporating Jewish values and traditions. Our educators are committed to making our school successful and know that creating meaningful relationships with children, families, and our team play a crucial role in that success. Competitive salary and benefits included.
Child Care Educators Responsibilities and Duties
- Design & implement curriculum driven by our children in a way that is consistent with the unique needs of each child.
- Create a safe, nurturing environment where children can play, learn, and take risks.
- Partner and communicate with families, with a shared desire to provide the best care and education for their children.
Child Care Educators Required Skills and Qualifications:
- A love for children and a strong desire to make a difference every day.
- Ability to build relationships with families and coworkers and create a dynamic environment where play and learning is our top priority.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong organizational skills, and the ability to multi-task and manage multiple situations effectively
- Early Education and Care certification (Required for teachers, desired for floaters)
- 1+ year Early Childhood Education Experience, Preschool, Infant, Toddler (preferred)
- Knowledge of Jewish rituals and traditions is helpful but not required.
- Experience in a Jewish Early Childhood environment or knowledge of constructivist approach desired but not required.
In addition to a rewarding career where you help shape children's futures, the JCC Greater Boston provides competitive exempt compensation packages for educators. Benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Medical, dental and vision
- Discounted child care
- Generous paid time off & sick time
- A free membership to the JCC Greater Boston facility
- Retirement savings and investment plan with employer match
The Jewish Community Centers of Greater Boston (JCC) is an equal opportunity employer. It is our goal to provide equal employment opportunities for all employees and applicants for employment. The JCC does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, physical or mental disability or handicap, national origin, ancestry, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, religion, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other legally protected status. Religion will not be considered a factor except where it is a bona fide occupational qualification and necessary to fulfill the Organization's mission.
The JCC is proud to serve more than 50,000 people?representing 98 communities and every age and ability, including men, women and children with special needs-at the Leventhal-Sidman JCC in Newton; through a wide range of programs and services in Metrowest, the South Area, and Metro North (Arlington/Cambridge/Somerville and beyond); at JCC day and overnight camps in Greater Boston and Bridgton, Maine; at Early Learning Centers in Acton, Brookline, Hingham, Newton, Sharon, and Wayland; and online.
The JCC is deeply committed to serving a community that is increasingly diverse, and to valuing and celebrating the uniqueness of every constituent. While being proudly Jewish, we recognize the changes in Jewish life in our times, and strive in every way to provide an open and welcoming setting for all, irrespective of personal practices, beliefs, or background. We invite the community to use the JCC as a partner in connecting interests and aspirations to enriching Jewish resources: values, traditions, customs and other tools for living?and, of course, to old and new friends.