Location and Job Title:
Full-Time Office Manager, Older Adult Center
5625 Arlington Ave
Bronx, NY 10471
HOURS PER WEEK:35 hrs per week
Under the supervision of the Director of New Beginnings, the Riverdale Y's Older Adult Center, the Office Manager is responsible for day-to-day administrative functions of the Center including database management , record keeping and client relations.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Maintains and updates Department for the Aging (DFTA)database by
- Ensuring all membership records are updated
- Entering daily attendance for DFTA funded activities including meals and reconciling database with signatures/attendance
- Alerts Director of trends and other concerns.
- Maintains back-up hard copies of data as needed.
- Documents and tracks units of service for older adult deliverables running reports as required.
- Orders and monitors costs for all food and supplies using appropriate agency processes.Maintains relationships with vendors and responds to inquiries.Works with Director and Food Service Manager to closely monitor pricing and inventory.
- Prepare monthly newsletter, flyers, menus and mailings for distribution
- Maintain updated permits and licenses related to regulatory compliance, kitchen, and vehicles. Post accordingly
- Maintains files with documentation required by regulatory agencies.
- Work with drivers to coordinate daily routes and vehicle maintenance.
- Provide technical support for senior center staff.
- Oversee office volunteers.
- Field phone calls from members, providing information and making phone calls to clients as needed
- Provides information to new members and facilitates their registration
- Registers members for special events/trips etc
- In absence of volunteer staff, register members for the day's meals.
- Maintains positive relationships with members and volunteers
- Typing 40 + words/minute
- Computer & Spreadsheet Literate
- Microsoft Office Proficient.
- Good English spelling, grammar and punctuation
- High School or Equivalent
- Associates Degree or Higher Preferred
- Comfort interacting with Older Adults
- Able to lift up to fifteen pounds without assistance
35,000 - 45,000
The Riverdale Y is a 100,000 sq. ft. Jewish Community Center that provides educational, recreational, cultural, and wellness programming for children and adults of all ages. The Y features an early childhood center, camps and after school programs, senior center, performing arts center, and health & wellness center that includes cardio and free weight studios, group exercise classes, gymnasium, swimming pool, steam room, sauna and massage therapy.