Location and Job Title:
Director of Cultural Arts and Engagement
Jewish Community Center of Greater Ann Arbor
2935 Birch Hollow Drive
Ann Arbor, MI 48108
The Director of Cultural Arts and Engagement is a full time, responsible for creating and delivering a sophisticated social-cultural, inclusive experience for the JCC's adult community and the community at large. This position reports to the Executive Director and requires evening and weekend hours.
- Exhibit an "above and beyond" attitude, being proactive and enthusiastic to perform any assigned tasks.
- Have your "finger on the pulse" of Jewish and community arts, culture, social, and educational opportunities.
- Direct our two well-known, outstanding, revenue generating festivals - Ann Arbor Jewish Book Festival (fall) and Ann Arbor Jewish Film Festival (spring).
- Generate a third festival (art, music or food)
- Curate exhibitions locally, nationally, and globally for the JCC's Amster Gallery.
- Build a menu of programs in collaboration with community partners and volunteers that inspires and enlightens.
Program Development and Implementation
- Maintain and improve existing programs, while implementing new ones.
- Maintain understanding of priorities and desires of the various target audiences and refine programs accordingly.
- Manage all aspects of implementation - logistics, marketing, facilitation, registration, volunteers, and evaluation.
- Recruit, lead, and serve volunteers for the festivals and programs.
- Track, record, analyze, and report on metrics that demonstrate program outcomes and impacts.
- Perform other tasks and duties as assigned.
- Build and maintain internal and external partnerships to ensure exceptional quality programs, generate new opportunities, and take advantage of the unique offerings and resources available in the greater Ann Arbor community.
- Provide the "cultural arts" point of view for inter-departmental, inter-agency, and community wide program planning.
- Develop/refine existing partnerships with key community partners
- Develop new arts, culture, social, and educational partnerships in the greater Ann Arbor area.
- Develop annual fundraising plans for each festival and for the overall department, including ticket sales, program fees, donor solicitations, donor cultivation, and stewardship to grow festival and JCAE programming.
- Develop, maintain, and operate within the annual department budget in collaboration with the Finance team.
- Develop festival and event budgets that maximize revenue while delivering an exceptional experience.
- Outstanding customer service, volunteer management, interpersonal, problem solving, and time management skills.
- Good judgment, discretion, highly organized, with experience managing volunteers
- Self-motivated, proactive, and independent and able to work collaboratively across departments.
degree and minimum five years of relevant experience.
written and verbal communication skills.
working in a fast paced, multi-tasking, customer service focused environment.
of both visual and performing arts, fundraising and sponsorship in a non-profit
and/or arts environment.
$45,000 - $55,000
Our team members have the opportunity to participate in a 403 (b) retirement savings plan as well as medical Insurance Plan. We offer a very generous paid time off, Vacation and Holiday package.
We are a Community Center with a long history dedicated to providing our inside and outside customers a clean, convenient and comfortable friendly work environment. We strive to observe the highest ethical standards, integrity and commitment in employee relations, customer service and community citizenship.