Location and Job Title:
801 Percy Warner Blvd
Nashville, TN 37205
Do you have a passion for the Early Childhood aged children (Ages infant to to 5-year-old)? If so, you need to come work for the Early Childhood program located within the Gordon Jewish Community Center! When you join our team, not only are you becoming a community of professional educators, you are joining a cohesive group of individuals including parents, teachers, and members of the Jewish Community Center invested in the nurturing of young minds to create joyful and successful lifelong learners. As an educator of young children in our program, you will receive the following benefits:
- Paid personal time off as well as paid holidays;child care discount (based upon availability);
- A quality salary based on your education & experience;
- The opportunity to be a CO-TEACHER as opposed to a lead teacher/assistant teacher dynamic;
- Access to medical, dental, vision, and long term disability benefits as well as paid life insurance policy;
- Access to the Sheva Learning Community dedicated to the professionalization of Early Childhood Education.
- A FREE membership to the Gordon JCC which includes a fitness center, a variety of fitness classes, multiple pools, and access to many opportunities to different programs.
Who do we want to teach in our program? Someone who:
- has a play and project based philosophy in early childhood education;
- models for children what it means to be safe, kind, and responsible;
- has a reasonable understanding of child development;
- promotes creativity, curiosity, independence, and social-emotional learning;
- views themselves as a professional educator, not a babysitter;
- is dedicated to the profession and our program;
- and someone with a sense of humor with unconditional love and passion for the early childhood field!
- 1+ to 2 years of experience
- HIgh School diploma required, Child Development Associate (CDA), Early Child Development Coursework or Bachelor's preferred
- Current First Aid and CPR Training, or ability to complete
The Gordon Jewish Community Center
(Gordon JCC) is at the center of Jewish life in Nashville, providing recreational,
educational, social and cultural programs and services to over 1,700 member
families. Located on a beautiful 52-acre campus in west Nashville, it is a
place where non-Jews are welcome to join, play and learn side by side with
their Jewish neighbors. Camp Davis, established in 1930s, provides a day camp
experience for hundreds of school-age children each summer.