Location and Job Title:
Assistant Program Director
Commonpoint Queens - Samuel Field Y
58-20 Little Neck Parkway
Little Neck, NY 11362
Under the supervision of the Program Director , the Assistant Director will be the onsite Special Service staff member at our Central Queens Y location . This person shall serve as the point person for developing innovative and high quality services, including the expansion of offerings in youth recreation, supportive workshops and resources for parents, and driving initiatives around older youth, vocational training and career exploration.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Will assist in implementing interest surveys to youth and their families to assist in the planning of a diverse array of offerings of recreational , vocational training for neurodiverse youth and educational workshops and resources for parents.
- Create partnerships with parent coordinators and principles from local middle and high schools , Care Coordination Organizations and other resources in the community to increase enrollment for programs,
- Collaborate with the agency's Health and Wellness and After School Departments to identify new and existing members who may have children with special needs
- Assist in securing volunteers and contracted vendors for program implementation
- Assist in providing training and orientation to volunteers and contracted vendors
- Assist in intakes for new participants in order to assess the individualized needs of each child and family to determine the best programmatic fit
- Assist in program registrations in client management system , keeping program rosters current , fee collection and account follow up
- In collaboration with the Special Service team, ensure appropriate administrative oversight of participants records and attendance records to meet regulatory compliance
- Develop and maintains spreadsheets as required to manage , department contracts and reporting requirements
- Provide on site support to the operations of recreational ,vocational, respite and educational programs for youth
- Provide therapeutic support to youth as deemed necessary
- Continually assess areas for program growth and expansion
- Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- A minimum of 2 years' experience working with individuals with disabilities
- A minimum of 1 year experiencesupervising staff and volunteers
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize daily workload.
- Demonstrate cultural competency through familiarity in working with people from a diverse number of backgrounds.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills as well and verbal and written communication
- Experiencecreating and using Excel spreadsheets
Salary: Commensurate to prior experience
Benefits: Health insurance, membership to pool club
Schedule: This is a full time position with an expected schedule of Sunday through Thursday
Location: Central Queens Center/Bay Terrace
Expected start date: Apr 1, 2022
Commonpoint Queens is a non-profit, multi service agency with a flagship site in Forest Hills and 50 additional sites throughout the community that provides a diverse array of programs and services to over 35,000. Our mission is to sustain and enhance the quality of family and individual life for all members of our community, regardless of religion, ethnic or cultural background, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual preference, age, or disability, within a pervasive and inclusive environment that facilitates individual growth, meets individual needs and builds community. We accomplish this mission through a broad range of social, educational, and recreational services that reach community members of all ages and backgrounds.