Location and Job Title:
Lifeguard/ Swim Instructor/ LGIs/ Swim Coaches
5403 Monument Ave
Richmond, VA 23226
The Weinstein JCC is currently looking to hire 3-4 lifeguards and swim instructors. We are looking for professional, reliable individuals that are passionate about aquatics and making a difference in their community. We offer competitive wages and flexible hours. You will also gain access to our state of the art facility; including the pools, the basketball courts and the fitness center!
- Candidate must have the ability to enthusiastically lead swim lessons and have knowledge of age appropriate activities & games.
- Ability to work with the public, program participants and other employees in a pleasant, courteous manner as required by the position.
- Exhibit exemplary customer service
- Must be able to sufficiently observe unsafe conditions.
- Maintains a high level of professionalism
- Will be rescue ready (swimsuit, uniform, whistle, & personal protective equipment)
- Demonstrate effective time management
- Remain vigilant and act quickly in making rescues and rendering aid.
- Enforce water safety standards (rules) and departmental regulations in order to prevent accidents before they happen.
- Actively participate in all in-service training and drills
- Maintain a clean and safe work area, which may include monitoring pool chlorine levels.
- Assist supervisors as requested.
We are starting to hire now for positions in the Winter/Spring and are also looking forward to our busy Summer months.
The ideal candidates will have a current Red Cross Lifeguard Certification and/or a Water Safety Instructor Certification. However we are willing to provide training for the right candidates :)
An extra bonus if you hold a Lifeguard Instructor Certification or if you have experience coaching swim team!
The Weinstein Jewish Community Center
5403 Monument Ave.
Richmond, VA 23226