Location and Job Title:
Kaplen JCC on the Palisades
411 E. Clinton Ave.
Tenafly, NJ 07670
The Trainer on Duty (TOD) plays an essential role in assisting members of the JCC through their fitness journeys by offering support and educating on the safe and correct use of cardio and weight training equipment. The TOD is tasked with cultivating a sense of community through positive interactions with members and fostering an environment where members can develop necessary habits to lead to a long-term healthy lifestyle. They ensure the continued culture of cleanliness is followed by all through strict sanitation enforcement.
The TOD is responsible for supervision in Fitness Centers which includes:
- Interact with members and staff to build lasting relationships
- Demonstrate and enforce effective cleaning, maintain social distance & PPE use
- Explain the proper use of all equipment available and exercise technique
- Offer suggestions, modifications, and exercise routines for members to get the most out of their fitness center experience
- Promote personal training and other JCC services where applicable
- Provide a fun, engaging, enriching and safe environment for our JCC members
- Ensure members leave promptly at the end of reservations and stick to assigned locations
Other Duties & Responsibilities
- Conduct WeFits/Welcome Workouts while on Duty as assigned
- Maintain a clean, safe and orderly fitness floor, racking weights, wiping machines, stocking etc.
- Report malfunctioning equipment, learn how to troubleshoot
- Enforce current policies such as PPE usage, cell phone use, no open toed shoes, no bags, etc.
- Attend fitness department and fitness training meetings - includes answering emails in a timely fashion
- Must attend continuing education classes to keep certifications current
- Troubleshoot issues and refer to supervisor when necessary
- Streamline communication between members and management
Benefits All JCC team members receive:
- Complimentary membership
- Team member discounts
- Club Connect membership
- Opportunities for advancement based on performance and certifications acquired
- Current Nationally recognized and NCCA accredited CPT or CSCS (discounted certifications provided by the JCCOTP)
- Current CPR/First Aid Certified (can be provided by the JCCOTP)
- Requires ability to lift up to 50lbs and capability of standing for long periods
- Non-compete- cannot train at another facility within 20 minutes of the JCCOTP
- Able to work as part of a team in a fast paced environment
Kaplen JCC On The Palisades is a welcoming home away from home for all who pass through its front doors. Our 185,000 square foot building plus acres of outside grounds feature 3 fitness centers, an indoor and outdoor aquatics center, group exercise, spin and pilates studios, 2 gymnasiums, tennis and racquet courts, indoor track, a luxurious spa, multiple playgrounds and fields and so much more. The JCC is home to the renowned Thurnauer School of Music, Leonard and Syril Rubin Nursery School, Neil Klatskin Day Camp, and the JCC Dance and Drama Schools. The JCC is also proud to offer extensive, high quality programs and services to adults of all ages, as well as to seniors and individuals with special needs.