Location and Job Title:
Assistant Camp Director
Michael-Ann Russell JCC
18900 NE 25th Ave
North Miami Beach, FL 33180
Camp Sol Taplin is one of the largest Jewish Day camps in South Florida. It is an 8 week camp, serving approximately 850 children from 2 years old to rising 10th graders in our CIT program. The Assistant Camp Director is responsible for the planning, programming, operations, implementation, staffing and camper recruitment of a high quality Jewish Day Camp. It is expected that this staff person will infuse all of our camps with Jewish programming and atmosphere and will serve as a catalyst, motivator and innovator of programs, and services that will cultivate relationships with families via participation at our various camps while providing the highest quality day camping programs and services. This is a seasonal position: 20 hours from January 2020 to March 2020, 40 hours from April 2020 to the end of July 2020.
Duties Include, but are not limited to:
- Run the day to day operations of the summer camp and be responsible for all on and off site camp programs
- Develop new specialty camp ideas and articulate vision for traditional camp programs to ensure camp is attractive in the growing competitive market
- Responsible for logistical and administrational preparations for camp to include: food, transportation, field trips, overnight trips, HR, accounting, campus
- Manage all contractual requirements including vendors, specialty camp leaders and transportation
- Manage Camp Online registration system
- Ensure safety and security protocols are in place and practiced
- Marketing and Recruitment: execute a Day Camp marketing strategy in conjunction with JCC Marketing proffessionals including: camp brochure, Ads, press releases and promotional pieces, Parent manual and all parent packet materials and all camp forms
- Recruitment of campers through participation in-person meetings, camp fairs, parlor meetings, etc.
- Coordinate marketing efforts to ensure enrollment and participation in program
This is a seasonal position. 20 hours from January to March, 40 hours from April to the end of July 2020
Please include a resume, cover letter and salary requirements.
- Bachelor Degree in related field is preferred
- Proven experience in Leadership and directing camp programs
- Jewish programming knowledge and experience is preferred
- Ability to form warm relationships with multiple constituencies, including parents, campers, staff and lay leaders
- Ability to multi-task effectively under pressure
- Minimum two years supervisory experience
- Strong problem solving and analytical abilities
- An understanding of Jewish life, customs and traditions is preferred
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
The Michael-Ann Russell Jewish Community Center is dedicated to the enrichment of Jewish life and community; fostering the spiritual, emotional, and physical development of its members through all of lifes stages and circumstances; and strengthening the connection with the people and culture of Israel, along with other Jewish communities throughout the world. The MAR-JCC represents a model of acceptance, understanding, and diversity. People look at the MAR-JCC as a Center of excellence that epitomizes how shared Jewish values support a vibrant and evolving constituency. The MAR-JCC is open to the entire community, regardless of race, religion, or national origin.The Michael-Ann Russell Jewish Community Center/Sanford L. Ziff Campus is dedicated to the enrichment of Jewish life and fosters the spiritual, emotional, and physical development of its individual members through all of life's stages and circumstances.