Location and Job Title:
520 8th Ave
New York, NY 10018
JCC Association seeks an enthusiastic and dynamic professional to serve as Program Associate on the Experience team. This full-time position supports several key functions of the Experience team and provides support to the Chief Experience Officer (CXO).
The Experience Team is tasked with maximizing the experience Jewish Community Centers and Camps (JCCs) have as part of a network of 172 local agencies in the United States and Canada. Primary team roles include data management and integrity; impact measurement and analysis; practice- and resource-sharing and coordination of communication from JCC Association to JCCs.
Successful candidates are creative and critical thinkers; possess strong verbal and written skills; are highly organized, detail-oriented, hard-working and capable of tackling multiple projects at a time; and must enjoy "back-end" support work and the use of database and other digital technology.
Candidates should work well independently, but also thrive as a member of a team in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. It is essential to have exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills and have the ability to maintain a high level of professionalism and integrity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide support related to the JCC Resource Center, the web site for JCC professionals including formatting and uploading of resources; web page text drafting and editing; page build-out; fielding requests for site assistance and managing login credentials.
- Provide support related to the JCC Association database of JCC professionals and lay leaders including data entry, reporting, and liaison work with JCCs.
- Provide support related to strategic performance initiatives including field research and surveys.
- Provide support related to communications including drafting, formatting, proofing and sending email newsletters
- Provide support to the CXO including calendar coordination; travel arrangements and trip itineraries; report, spreadsheet and PowerPoint creation and formatting; expense reports; research and analysis; and meeting coordination.
- Other duties as assigned.
- NYC-based position.
- Sporadic domestic travel may be required.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary range: $55,000 to $59,000
JCC Association offers a competitive benefits package including:
- Medical and dental insurance
- Eight paid legal holidays and up to 13 paid Jewish holidays. In addition, the office closes early on the eve of three Jewish holidays.
- Paid vacation
- Sick leave, family leave, medical leave, jury duty leave and bereavement leave
- Flexible benefit plan
- Pre-tax salary deductions for transit
- Short- and long-term disability
- Life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, supplemental life insurance
- Retirement plan
DESIRED SKILLS, STRENGTHS AND INTERESTS
- Strong interpersonal skills and a positive, "can-do" attitude
- Fluent in English with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Ability to think and act proactively.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with diverse teams.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience and facility with CRMs/databases, survey software and basic website design tools.
- Interest in serving the Jewish community.
- Experience exercising discretion and confidentiality with sensitive information.
DESIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- College graduate
- Proven work experience in related settings
- Familiarity with nonprofits, the American Jewish community and/or national organizations is a plus.
$55,000 - $65,000
JCC Association of North America leads and connects the JCC Movement, advancing and enriching North American Jewish life. With 1.5 million people walking through the doors of more than 170 Jewish Community Centers and Jewish Community Camps (JCCs) each week, the JCC Movement is the largest platform for Jewish engagement on the continent. JCC Association, the convening organization of this dynamic network, partners with JCCs to bring together the collective power and knowledge of the entire JCC Movement, including 12,000 full-time and 41,000 part-time and seasonal professionals. By supporting them, together we enhance and strengthen Jewish life throughout North America. Learn more at JCCA.org or on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.