Location and Job Title:
Camp & After School Program Director
Dave & Mary Alper JCC
11155 SW 112th Ave
Miami, FL 33176
Summer Day Camp Director:
- Build out and execute Camp J Miamis overall strategy, with a laser-sharp focus on growing our program and enriching the lives of our campers, counselors, and their families
- Lead, hire, supervise, motivate and inspire a dynamic staff team (both seasonal and year-round), helping their strengths shine through, utilizing clear, supportive communication
- Lead the Team in designing, delivering, and evaluating content to ensure that it exceeds the needs and interests of our campers
- Manage the daily operations of the camp when in session, including administration, camper care, staff supervision, and camp licensing
- Be an ambassador for the Alper J generally and Camp J Miami specifically everywhere you go
- Manage the staffing, and budget and be accountable for the overall success of our JDays After School program, including minicamp days
- Constantly explore opportunities to partner and to create connection opportunities for our youth
- Launch dynamic, content-rich youth-focused programming, ensuring that our young people have ways of connecting to one another and to the J year round
Management and Fundraising:
- Supervise a team including full-time and part-time professionals year-round, as well as scores of summer and aftercare staff
- Ability to manage difficult situations with staff and participants through conflict resolution and/or emotional management
- Manage the overall budget for the Camp and Aftercare Departments
- Oversee grant compliance requirements, ensure reporting deadlines are met, and attend all mandatory training
- With digital know-how, partner with appropriate staff at the J to market the Youth Departments offerings through all relevant (and emerging) channels - Work closely with the Sr. Development Director to create and execute appropriate fundraising strategies
- Develop and cultivate relationships with community members, donors, and foundation officers
- Ability to work with lay committees and volunteers
- Other jobs or duties as assigned
Special Needs Responsibilities:
- Oversee intake meetings with families and prepare pre-camp intake reports for staff
- Examine planned programming and plan for adaptations that may be necessary
- Facilitate social interaction among all participants
- Adapt activities and provide additional assistance as needed (e.g., interpret or modify instructions, provide physical assistance) in order to help participants, learn and participate
- Use positive behavioral supports and other interventions as needed
- Supervise, coach, and evaluate staff on the Special Needs Team
- Support staff in planning routines, schedules, and procedures to ensure inclusion.
- Train staff and counselors-in-training on inclusion principles and skills
- Be a resource about special needs to all staff, participants, and families
- Communicate regularly with families and staff regarding the progress of participants
- Track and document progress towards achieving goals and objectives set for participants
To apply. please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, or apply at https://alperjcc.betterteam.com/camp-and-after-sch...
- College degree and proven leadership and management experience
- At least three years of leadership experience working with both children and staff, preferably in a camp setting
- Good organizational and time management skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines or other commitments.
- Experience with and openness to relate to people of all backgrounds, knowledge, and observance levels
- Good computer skills - with emphasis on Microsoft Office, CampMinder, and CCC
- Resourcefulness: the ability to address problems large and small
- Strong communication skills, both written and spoken, preferably with fluency in both English and Spanish
- Good interpersonal skills, maintains confidentiality, works with integrity
- Comfortable leading small and large groups, facilitating and organizing meetings
- This position involves a flexible schedule and you must be willing to work occasional nights and weekends
$65,000 - $75,000
Located in sunny, beautiful Miami, Florida, the sprawling Alper JCC at The Jay Morton-Levinthal Campus lies in the heart of the suburb of Kendall, easily reached by many nearby transportation crossroads. Convenient and accessible, our Center provides many opportunities for the Jewish community and all south Miami-Dade County residents to enjoy recreational, educational, cultural and social activities.
Through our extensive facilities, we offer our Members and Non-Members the chance to meet and connect with individuals and families from all over. For fitness enthusiasts, our well-equipped Fitness Center is a great place to play racquetball with your family, train with a friend in the gym, or swim with a group in our Jr. Olympic pool. Our Youth and Adult Building, home to a wide selection of adult programs and our children's department offers the young and young at heart a place to gather and socialize. Also, our Sablotsky Cultural Arts Center hosts visual arts exhibits and performances for all ages and focuses on bringing quality, renowned Jewish artists, authors, and entertainers for the community to enjoy.
The Alper JCC is also home to many high-quality programs, each recognized for their excellence and commitment to the community. Our superb Quality Counts 5-Star Glen Greenstein Early Childhood Development Center offers families the perfect setting for their children, infants through preschoolers, to grow, learn, and appreciate Jewish heritage. For children, the Kids Connection After School Program provides a structured yet fun environment; and our summer camp gives campers the opportunity to grow and expand their horizons.
As a community agency, we strive to strengthen the Jewish community by promoting Jewish values, ethics and traditions through our programs and services. The Alper JCC invites you to become a Member today and take advantage all we have to offer.